North Stand Construction Discussion

Done mate. It's good the club are asking the right people. The questions on that survey are worth discussing on here again.

I personally think the extended 2nd tier has to be safe standing. That instantly will get the right people moving to it. I also think the club should let 1894/other fan groups lead on allocating tickets from the stand so that they go to the right people. Other clubs have done this and it's sort of self-policed. If you're in there and not singing you're out.

The main issue will be pricing. Do they incentivise people? Or do they even need to if the design is right? That's where problems will occur. You can't really give 3,000 tickets or so at a lower price just to get certain people in there. But equally, pricing it as the cheapest part of the ground isn't going to automatically mean it's full of singers.
Done !

Hi Everyone.

1894 are surveying fans about the North Stand extension.

City contacted us and told us they want the extended North Stand to be an atmospheric 'end' where our singers can congregate. We will most likely work with City (and other fan groups) to try and make this a success.

The survey should take less than 5 minutes to complete.

It's specifically about singing/atmosphere. If you're not too interested in that, please ignore it.

We are using the feedback to help us formulate an official response to City with our suggestions.

Please click here to complete the survey.

Thanks!
All done mate. Hopefully we get a decent amount of responses. I felt that was a good question to put to the club in regards to relocating the family stand. Me personally I feel that it is no longer required and would be more beneficial providing cheaper tickets for kids available in any part of the ground.

Hi Everyone.

City contacted us and told us they want the extended North Stand to be an atmospheric 'end' where our singers can congregate. We will most likely work with City (and other fan groups) to try and make this a success.

It's specifically about singing/atmosphere. If you're not too interested in that, please ignore it.

We are using the feedback to help us formulate an official response to City with our suggestions.

Thanks!
done

Let’s not forget those in the family stand tier 2 now are making the first 30 rows full, they won’t want safe standing!
Yep. It's a tricky balancing act trying to keep everyone happy. I think, realistically, there will be some people who are unhappy with whatever happens.

Our (1894) point to City will be that if they do have to make tough decisions and move fans, bring them into the discussions and hear them out - show them why the decisions are being made and offer them a suitable alternative (don't fob people off like what happened last time fans were moved from the North Stand).

Just curious mate, why on earth would you want to 'scrap' the Family Stand?

The club should offer fair prices to children no matter where they sit. There are plenty of kids, even in the standing sections, who pay more because they're not in a labelled 'family' stand.

It's a different point, but calling it a 'family' stand instantly sets a particular mindset that is counterproductive to producing a good atmosphere (which is something I'd like to help the club achieve). If you're in the Family, stand it's easy to sit back and let the 'singing section' do all the work. Also, don't swear or be rowdy! You're in a family stand! etc etc.

There's obviously a balancing act, but first and foremost, everyone in the Etihad is there for a football game. Football has always been quite tribal and atmospheric - it's not like going to the theatre. The whole stadium is a singing section, and whether you're 5 or 50, you should go with the intention of SUPPORTING your team - not spectating.

That's just my personal view.

Let’s not forget those in the family stand tier 2 now are making the first 30 rows full, they won’t want safe standing!

It's highly likely the new tier 2 will be all safe standing in my view. In short, the existing fans will be re-located or they can stay and stand/be part of the 'City end'.

Just curious mate, why on earth would you want to 'scrap' the Family Stand?

A large % of fan groups in the Family Stand don't actually qualify to be in it anymore according to those with contacts. We just didn't ask them to move because we were scared of them choosing not to renew. This new development is simply forcing the hand now and doing what should have been done a while ago.

Potentially we could create a new smaller Family Stand on the North Stand lower tier only, for those that still qualify, maybe one that only takes up half that tier even.

It's highly likely the new tier 2 will be all safe standing in my view. In short, the existing fans will be re-located or they can stay and stand/be part of the 'City end'.

A large % of fan groups in the Family Stand don't actually qualify to be in it anymore according to those with contacts. We just didn't ask them to move because we were scared of them choosing not to renew. This new development is simply forcing the hand now and doing what should have been done a while ago.

Potentially we could create a new smaller Family Stand on the North Stand lower tier only, for those that still qualify, maybe one that only takes up half that tier even.
Think they will create a new family section ,but doubt it will be next to the away fans, will need to be somewhere else, which would mean displacing some others somewhere. Think it will be messy whatever we do and upset a few, but also think the club need to bite the bullet and take the flak.

I guess the question is do we need a family stand? shouldn’t deals for facilities (or other groups) be available anywhere in the ground.

I don’t think the deals are particularly amazing in terms of comparable areas in other parts of the ground.

I guess a lot of people prefer taking their kids, particularly young ones, to an area where the stewards are told to be a little bit more vigilant on rowdy behaviour etc.

Hi Everyone.

Thanks!
Done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.