North Stand Construction Discussion

Survey is done, and good questions, the whole of the North Stand should be safe standing, and the family section should be moved to another section of the stadium. Would be interesting to do a poll here of what answers you have for the name of the stand
I'll post some of the info when we've finished taking responses. Some good suggestions so far - my personal favourite is the 'Man Utd Sniff Bash Stand'.

Done. The fact that the lower tier is being suggested as one of the options for a singing area worries me though. I have concerns that 1894 are too worried about flags and displays and not what matters: noise and singing.
The survey aims to get a more general view from the wider fanbase, which will shape 1894's stance on the North Stand Expansion.

Of the dozen or so people who 'run' 1894, it's a mixed bag of opinions. I personally want to focus on SSL2 all the way (near the back to orchestrate the singing); others don't want to be that far away from the pitch, and, as you said, others want to focus more on flags/displays (which naturally are easier in Level 1).

We didn't want to make firm decisions until we had canvassed opinions, and we will genuinely use the results in our decision-making (so all I can say is thank you for having your say, and I'd implore anyone else who has strong views to share theirs).

We also need to consider that City will have their own plans, and there are certain things that we 'need' them to pull through on to make any of this work (for example, if there's rail seating/no hospitality/fair prices etc). Having this data will help us back up our requests to them.

Lower tier North stand bud, not the South stand, which sounds like a plan to me.
Yes just reread the post it does say that, I just thought they were saying make the whole 2 tiers standing and move the family stand to the South. Reading again it’s saying the whole second tier standing, so yes the North first tier family could stay where it is in that case.

The survey aims to get a more general view from the wider fanbase, which will shape 1894's stance on the North Stand Expansion.

Of the dozen or so people who 'run' 1894, it's a mixed bag of opinions. I personally want to focus on SSL2 all the way (near the back to orchestrate the singing); others don't want to be that far away from the pitch, and, as you said, others want to focus more on flags/displays (which naturally are easier in Level 1).

We didn't want to make firm decisions until we had canvassed opinions, and we will genuinely use the results in our decision-making (so all I can say is thank you for having your say, and I'd implore anyone else who has strong views to share theirs).

We also need to consider that City will have their own plans, and there are certain things that we 'need' them to pull through on to make any of this work (for example, if there's rail seating/no hospitality/fair prices etc). Having this data will help us back up our requests to them.
Keep at it mate. Behind you all the way. I appreciate that my views are not the only ones (although they are the correct ones!)

Market it hard as The New Kippax
Singing area upper tier.
1894 right at the back
Discounted tickets and first refusal on season tickets for relocation from the existing singing areas

Job done ;-)

Hi Everyone.

1894 are surveying fans about the North Stand extension.

City contacted us and told us they want the extended North Stand to be an atmospheric 'end' where our singers can congregate. We will most likely work with City (and other fan groups) to try and make this a success.

The survey should take less than 5 minutes to complete.

It's specifically about singing/atmosphere. If you're not too interested in that, please ignore it.

We are using the feedback to help us formulate an official response to City with our suggestions.

Please click here to complete the survey.

Thanks!
Done mate

You've got your work cut out with the no hospitality bit unfortunately.

Does anybody know if the boxes are staying in the North stand?
I believe hospitality will move to the back of north stand level 2.

I spoke with Danny Vandrewala recently (head of hospitality), who said hospitality levels are being cut for the next few seasons which would suggest the boxes on level two are going during construction.

You've got your work cut out with the no hospitality bit unfortunately.
True. Most important thing for me is that they don't slap any hospitality right in the middle. In SS2 I think Legends really kills atmosphere as that whole central block is hospitality making it difficult for any singing to spread sideways.

If there has to be some hospitality parts in the new NS2, it'd be better keeping it to the sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.