North Stand Construction Discussion

Hi Everyone.

1894 are surveying fans about the North Stand extension.

City contacted us and told us they want the extended North Stand to be an atmospheric 'end' where our singers can congregate. We will most likely work with City (and other fan groups) to try and make this a success.

The survey should take less than 5 minutes to complete.

It's specifically about singing/atmosphere. If you're not too interested in that, please ignore it.

We are using the feedback to help us formulate an official response to City with our suggestions.

Please click here to complete the survey.

Thanks!
Done, lets hope the club listen to the different ideas and come up with something special.

Done mate. It's good the club are asking the right people. The questions on that survey are worth discussing on here again.

I personally think the extended 2nd tier has to be safe standing. That instantly will get the right people moving to it. I also think the club should let 1894/other fan groups lead on allocating tickets from the stand so that they go to the right people. Other clubs have done this and it's sort of self-policed. If you're in there and not singing you're out.

The main issue will be pricing. Do they incentivise people? Or do they even need to if the design is right? That's where problems will occur. You can't really give 3,000 tickets or so at a lower price just to get certain people in there. But equally, pricing it as the cheapest part of the ground isn't going to automatically mean it's full of singers.
Survey is done, and good questions, the whole of the North Stand should be safe standing, and the family section should be moved to another section of the stadium. Would be interesting to do a poll here of what answers you have for the name of the stand

Think they will create a new family section ,but doubt it will be next to the away fans, will need to be somewhere else, which would mean displacing some others somewhere. Think it will be messy whatever we do and upset a few, but also think the club need to bite the bullet and take the flak.
Lower tier North stand bud, not the South stand, which sounds like a plan to me.

Survey is done, and good questions, the whole of the North Stand should be safe standing, and the family section should be moved to another section of the stadium. Would be interesting to do a poll here of what answers you have for the name of the stand

The problem is where do you move thousands of people? I think it’s easier just to keep north stand level 1 as it as and make kids tickets affordable everywhere in the ground

The kids in there could then gradually move up into the second tier and they will probably be influenced by the noise above

Make level 1 of South Stand the designated Family stand but offer kids season tickets anywhere at the same price in the ground so people don't feel obliged to be in one stand if they don't want to be. Make all of the North stand the 'noisy end' with safe standing. Move away fans into the corner of east/south, surely this can be done to keep the away fans at that end (near coaches etc) but not giving them a vocal end behind the goal.

Just curious mate, why on earth would you want to 'scrap' the Family Stand?
It just feels like an out of date concept to be honest, like a half hearted box ticking exercise. That’s before you start counting all the empty seats over the years, and lack of atmosphere. Far better to have a full stand with one aim, to create an unrivalled atmosphere. Create new family friendly areas in the corners of CB1 & ES1 with ticket packages for season cards & individual matches & build the kids a little indoor pitch to play football, we spend thousands on new bars for adults, give the little uns a bit of something (the fanzone is great btw but it’s not in the stadium) they’ll be close to the action, especially when we have a corner or the players are warning up and they will be itching to join the big boys in the new Kippax

Last edited:
Hi Everyone.

1894 are surveying fans about the North Stand extension.

City contacted us and told us they want the extended North Stand to be an atmospheric 'end' where our singers can congregate. We will most likely work with City (and other fan groups) to try and make this a success.

The survey should take less than 5 minutes to complete.

It's specifically about singing/atmosphere. If you're not too interested in that, please ignore it.

We are using the feedback to help us formulate an official response to City with our suggestions.

Please click here to complete the survey.

Thanks!
Done. The fact that the lower tier is being suggested as one of the options for a singing area worries me though. I have concerns that 1894 are too worried about flags and displays and not what matters: noise and singing.

It just feels like an out of date concept to be honest, feels like a half hearted box ticking exercise. That’s before you start counting all the empty seats over the years, and lack of atmosphere. Far better to have a full stand with one aim, to create an unrivalled atmosphere. Create new family friendly areas in the corners of CB1 & ES1 with ticket packages for season cards & individual matches & build the kids a little indoor pitch to play football, we spend thousands on new bars for adults, give the little uns a bit of something (the fanzone is great btw but it’s not in the stadium) they’ll be close to the action, especially when we have a corner or the players are warning up and they will be itching to join the big boys in the new Kippax
I said the same. I don't think a family stand is needed any more. It's pointless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.