North Stand Construction Discussion

Keep at it mate. Behind you all the way. I appreciate that my views are not the only ones (although they are the correct ones!)

Market it hard as The New Kippax
Singing area upper tier.
1894 right at the back
Discounted tickets and first refusal on season tickets for relocation from the existing singing areas

Job done ;-)
Why not just The Kippax?
That isn't my preference though.
I'd name it after the man who really changed our recent history;
the Aguero - not end, or stand;
just "The Aguero."
Immortalised, as he should be - just like King Colin.

Hi Everyone.

1894 are surveying fans about the North Stand extension.

City contacted us and told us they want the extended North Stand to be an atmospheric 'end' where our singers can congregate. We will most likely work with City (and other fan groups) to try and make this a success.

The survey should take less than 5 minutes to complete.

It's specifically about singing/atmosphere. If you're not too interested in that, please ignore it.

We are using the feedback to help us formulate an official response to City with our suggestions.

Please click here to complete the survey.

Thanks!
Did it earlier. Said I wasn’t arsed where it was as long as it’s properly done with external support to locate the best section for the acoustics. No point moving if it’s going to be a pissing in the wind exercise.

Also said it would be good for the club to give back to the fans - allow proper flags to drape over L2 and offer half price ale before a certain time to encourage people onto the concourse (similar to what we did at the start of last season to help the turnstiles).

Done. The fact that the lower tier is being suggested as one of the options for a singing area worries me though. I have concerns that 1894 are too worried about flags and displays and not what matters: noise and singing.

Wouldn’t flags, displays and tifos be much more impressive in level 2 though. Visually you could create much bigger displays and involve more people.

Did this earlier - top priorities for me are safe standing and singing stand in upper tier and (selfishly?) letting family stand ST holders stay if they want to be part of the atmosphere.

If we truly want it as the closest thing we are going to see an 'ultras stand' there should be no kids in there whatsoever, imo, better out of the way, wants to be loud and proud, flags, constant noise, nobody moaning about songs with swearing in which is what I've experienced previously in the current Family Stand, just a bit of a roll back that is designed to rally the troops.

Last edited:
We raised this point in our first meeting - there will definitely be more hospitality, just not in the north stand (expect developments in East Stand).
If that's come from the club I'd ask them to show you the plans for the north stand.

Wouldn’t flags, displays and tifos be much more impressive in level 2 though. Visually you could create much bigger displays and involve more people.
Tifos yes, definitely.

It’s more a logistical problem though. Very simply put - anything in Level has to go up. Also, the further up you go the less space/storage there is.

These are all easily solvable issues, but they do need resolving/considering.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.