North Stand Construction Discussion

The Kippax I remember only about half sang, the closer to the North stand you got the less singing you got, by the time you got to the corner there were some right miseries.
You are talking about 15000 singers if you want SS 3 filled too.Can’t see it.

We don’t have 10,000 non stop singers. If we could get say 2,000 people in the middle of the second tier who create the noise that would be great, as fans around them would then join in.

I don’t think having a home end necessarily means we need everyone in it to sing non stop. It would give us the opportunity to allow more people to stand, spread the noise and have a larger area in the ground.

South stand level 1 is too small and gets to a point where it’s either corporate or the Colin bell stand.

We don’t have 10,000 non stop singers. If we could get say 2,000 people in the middle of the second tier who create the noise that would be great, as fans around them would then join in.

I don’t think having a home end necessarily means we need everyone in it to sing non stop. It would give us the opportunity to allow more people to stand, spread the noise and have a larger area in the ground.

South stand level 1 is too small and gets to a point where it’s either corporate or the Colin bell stand.
Completely agree, for me if we can get the 7000 NS 2 full of flags and singers we'll have done a good job, if we can do something similar with NS 1 we'll have done an exceptional job. Thinking we can then have enough to do similar with SS2 or even SS1 is for me a bit of a fantasy.
As you say though a good atmosphere at one end is contagious and ,here's another bugbear of mine, keep songs going.Many people, and to be fair I'm one,won't stand and join in on my own, so keep a song going and it will spread from the ends as people around stand up and join in. I've been there when a song will start in the South stand then as it's started to spread a bit the SS stop or move on , so it dies.Bit like the Poznan takes time to spread.

If that‘s the case, there will be loads of people who don’t sing in the safe standing areas in SSL1 that will get a safe standing seat in the new NS singing section.

People may not like this, but there needs to be a vetting process so singers fill the new NS singing section.

If United can to get 1500 singers into their new singing section, City should be able to do that as well or something similar.
How would you do the vetting? I'm thinking a Britain's Got Talent style sing off at the City Sq stage. Judges would be Natalie, Fan Zone Danny, Didsbury Dave and Pep.

I was one of those that was a Season Ticket holder that relocated to the North Stand whilst the Kippax was rebuilt back in the day.

I never went back over to the Kippax afterwards. A hard core of us stayed in the North Stand resulting in a cracking atmosphere with shit loads of in game banter between the Kippax and North Stand.

Happy days those.

Only one thing i miss is the atmosphere.

Sure Etihad is a fantastic ground and there have been some great atmospheres in games over the last few years.

Nothing compares to what it was back in the day.

You youngsters have to do better :-)

I am hoping with the ground expansion a few of those priced out, or unable to get season tickets will be able to return.

I know people who want to watch City but struggle getting Tickets and others waiting for season tickets.

We genuinely have always had a huge fan base. We we dropped in to the old Division 2 i was so proud how we all got behind the Club, our following was huge. For comparison Newcastle nearly went out of existence their crowds were so poor.

Our owners have been superb for our Club spending billions on both Club and redevelopment of East Manchester. Astonishing they get shit for putting in rather than taking out like American owners.

I did the same - relocating to the North Stand - Horton got us playing well and the atmosphere was cracking…. Then we got Alan Bloody Ball….

Think big, this is about the long term future not the historical past.

The intention surely is to have the noisiest, atmospheric end in Europe. That should be be the single objective

2000 singers and others joining in won’t achieve that !!

The 1894 Blue Alliance need to be much more ambitious to achieve the end game on day one.

Can’t agree with the idea that we go for two singing ends opposite each other from day 1 of the new stand.

We’re building a large single tier so that we can get larger groups of people together to create an atmosphere. By purposely splitting people behind both goals, there’d be absolutely no point building this new extension in the first place and it might as well be another third tier effort.

This extension needs to be completely safe standing, have 1894 group bang in the middle, and with as many like minded fans together as possible. Not split up half and half.

There will always be those wanting to be right next to the away fans so they’ll always be some atmosphere at the south stand anyway.

Charge a few quid more for it to put off those just wanting cheaper seats is the only way, or just have the core of the stand match day single ticket prices only. The last thin we want is cheap end meaning people don't bother using their tickets.

I have sent my ideas to the club.
Maybe charge more and credit back if used. e.g £50 per ticket club refunds £40.after the game to those who went.

I think how they design the fan park behind the new expansion will dictate the type of supporter that gravitates to that end of the ground.

If they want it to be an ‘end’ that generates a lot of noise then let’s be honest, bars in the fan park that sell well priced beer and an open space would be perfect for those who want to build an atmosphere outside the ground and carry that on inside. Build it and they will come.

If it’s a cheese fest with face painting and magicians then we’ll get a complete mixed bag in that end and it will all end up very ‘meh’
Cheap beer & pissed up footy fans in the "Testosterone End"? What could possibly go wrong... :-)

I'd love an organised home fans singing section. There are too many miserable bastards around the stadium giving death stares if your singing & chanting disturbs their silence. If the new section has a controlled standing section too, even better still.

Make the family stand for kids & the miserable fans who don't like singing, drums, trumpets, trombones, loud hailers & vuvuzela's! We can even supply them with City branded earplugs & a free OXO cube.

It's time for us to become loud & proud about City. Affordable seats in a home singing section would attract younger fans & those on lower wages which is surely our way forward.

That's why I'd personally go balls deep with the Etihad expansion to an 85000 capacity with 25000 affordable seats, & safe standing in a singing section. We've just gotta have the vision...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.