North Stand Construction Discussion

8000 EXTRA seats + relocations.

The ground will sell out in 72 hours.
How many singers have we got? Is the capacity of the North Stand second tier adequate to accommodate the singers? If so it's a simple exercise to allow anyone to transfer there. If not filled , then could be put on open market to attract those who wish to return or those who want cheap season tickets. Must be cheaper for safe standing though.

How many singers have we got? Is the capacity of the North Stand second tier adequate to accommodate the singers? If so it's a simple exercise to allow anyone to transfer there. If not filled , then could be put on open market to attract those who wish to return or those who want cheap season tickets. Must be cheaper for safe standing though.
That’s the question nobody really knows the answer to. I would guess off the top of my head if everyone from the current singing blocks moved it would half to two thirds fill the new large second tier, We may have enough others that want to move and join plus maybe some new season ticket holders will want to be there.
While I have no doubts we can fill the North stand second tier and maybe the first , I doubt we would have enough singers to think about having the South as a singing end too, I may well be wrong, and if I am great. But lets concentrate on getting the North Stand right before worrying about 2 ends would be my view..

If we get this right it will not just be the North Stand (NS) singing, both the so called Kippax Corner (KC) and South Stand singers need to move on mass to the new NS, 1894 need to become a lobby group demanding to be smack right in the middle of the new NS not a popular opinion with some I know but we need our most vocal supporters to buy into this, we need our vocal support to inspire the team and the rest of the ground, the rest of the ground will join in and have done before.
Maybe the NS and KC could meet and lobby the club together, and also encourage people to sing in the stands more than they do on the concourse, get in earlier and build the atmosphere, ask the club to turn the bloody music down.
I believe the KC and NC together hold the key to a new begining a chance to make the Etihad envied for it's atmosphere, we don't need to copy anybody elses ideas priorites simplicity: Come on City, Oh when the blues go marching in, Manchester la la lah and many more chants that will pass round the ground easily.
We are being given a chance here and I hope we take it, the club needs to look at the pricing aswell but all of this can be communicated via 1894 group and other influencial groups.

That’s the question nobody really knows the answer to. I would guess off the top of my head if everyone from the current singing blocks moved it would half to two thirds fill the new large second tier, We may have enough others that want to move and join plus maybe some new season ticket holders will want to be there.
While I have no doubts we can fill the North stand second tier and maybe the first , I doubt we would have enough singers to think about having the South as a singing end too, I may well be wrong, and if I am great. But lets concentrate on getting the North Stand right before worrying about 2 ends would be my view..
It’s not a case of ‘worrying’......

It’s a case of planning, accommodating and organising fans who want to go into SS3.

It’s 1894s duty to look after them too.

Very worrying that a member of 1894 is already saying ‘why not the top and bottom tier’. Totally defeats the purpose of an extended 2nd tier and wouldn’t be much different than the South Stand. Not sure I now trust them to provide an honest assessment based on the form feedback.
I know, completely agree. We only get one chance to get it right.

Priority access to the new singing section in NSL2 should first only go to those in the current safe standing areas. Once that relocation period has ended, it could open up to the rest of the ground, but still with strong messaging that this will be an area for vocal fans with flags and displays. I think this woulld stop loads of people moving in just for cheaper seats which would kill the atmosphere.

If we get this right it will not just be the North Stand (NS) singing, both the so called Kippax Corner (KC) and South Stand singers need to move on mass to the new NS, 1894 need to become a lobby group demanding to be smack right in the middle of the new NS not a popular opinion with some I know but we need our most vocal supporters to buy into this, we need our vocal support to inspire the team and the rest of the ground, the rest of the ground will join in and have done before.
Maybe the NS and KC could meet and lobby the club together, and also encourage people to sing in the stands more than they do on the concourse, get in earlier and build the atmosphere, ask the club to turn the bloody music down.
I believe the KC and NC together hold the key to a new begining a chance to make the Etihad envied for it's atmosphere, we don't need to copy anybody elses ideas priorites simplicity: Come on City, Oh when the blues go marching in, Manchester la la lah and many more chants that will pass round the ground easily.
We are being given a chance here and I hope we take it, the club needs to look at the pricing aswell but all of this can be communicated via 1894 group and other influencial groups.
SS3 is much more important, long term than ESL115 KC.

The view is incomparably better and the noise/atmosphere much more audible.

We can’t have a Kippax down the side, but we can have TWO bloody good ends !!

SS3 is much more important, long term than ESL115 KC.

The view is incomparably better and the noise/atmosphere much more audible.

We can’t have a Kippax down the side, but we can have TWO bloody good ends !!
The Kippax I remember only about half sang, the closer to the North stand you got the less singing you got, by the time you got to the corner there were some right miseries.
You are talking about 15000 singers if you want SS 3 filled too.Can’t see it.

It’s not a case of ‘worrying’......

It’s a case of planning, accommodating and organising fans who want to go into SS3.

It’s 1894s duty to look after them too.
Why is it? Correct me if I’m wrong but 1894 don’t do anything in ss3 at the moment, so why moving forward should they when all the focus should be on getting a great end in NS l2?

Well said, the 1894 and other groups need to come together as one supporter's group and work with the club, how many people are on this forum, set up a thread, set up socials and set up a website that then ties into the club so people who want to be in the North Stand can be and those who don't have to be, there is no point of people on here talking down other people who want what other teams have in there home ends as everyone is entitled to an opinion if you don t want to part of it, there are another 3 stands in the ground that you can go to @jrb @Manchester33 @trevorriley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.