North Stand Construction Discussion

Priority access to the new singing section in NSL2 should first only go to those in the current safe standing areas. Once that relocation period has ended, it could open up to the rest of the ground, but still with strong messaging that this will be an area for vocal fans with flags and displays. I think this woulld stop loads of people moving in just for cheaper seats which would kill the atmosphere.

If that‘s the case, there will be loads of people who don’t sing in the safe standing areas in SSL1 that will get a safe standing seat in the new NS singing section.

People may not like this, but there needs to be a vetting process so singers fill the new NS singing section.

If United can to get 1500 singers into their new singing section, City should be able to do that as well or something similar.

I think how they design the fan park behind the new expansion will dictate the type of supporter that gravitates to that end of the ground.

If they want it to be an ‘end’ that generates a lot of noise then let’s be honest, bars in the fan park that sell well priced beer and an open space would be perfect for those who want to build an atmosphere outside the ground and carry that on inside. Build it and they will come.

If it’s a cheese fest with face painting and magicians then we’ll get a complete mixed bag in that end and it will all end up very ‘meh’

I was one of those that was a Season Ticket holder that relocated to the North Stand whilst the Kippax was rebuilt back in the day.

I never went back over to the Kippax afterwards. A hard core of us stayed in the North Stand resulting in a cracking atmosphere with shit loads of in game banter between the Kippax and North Stand.

Happy days those.

Only one thing i miss is the atmosphere.

Sure Etihad is a fantastic ground and there have been some great atmospheres in games over the last few years.

Nothing compares to what it was back in the day.

You youngsters have to do better :-)

I am hoping with the ground expansion a few of those priced out, or unable to get season tickets will be able to return.

I know people who want to watch City but struggle getting Tickets and others waiting for season tickets.

We genuinely have always had a huge fan base. We we dropped in to the old Division 2 i was so proud how we all got behind the Club, our following was huge. For comparison Newcastle nearly went out of existence their crowds were so poor.

Our owners have been superb for our Club spending billions on both Club and redevelopment of East Manchester. Astonishing they get shit for putting in rather than taking out like American owners.
Mother time, surely? A demographic of young lads who, with life experiences, had to reign it in (:

I remember the change in dynamics from the lauded kippax, all of a sudden this slow burner suddenly erupted next to us, loved it as a nipper, I personally think it was more vocal!

If that‘s the case, there will be loads of people who don’t sing in the safe standing areas in SSL1 that will get a safe standing seat in the new NS singing section.

People may not like this, but there needs to be a vetting process so singers fill the new NS singing section.

If United can to get 1500 singers into their new singing section, City should be able to do that as well or something similar.
Charge a few quid more for it to put off those just wanting cheaper seats is the only way, or just have the core of the stand match day single ticket prices only. The last thin we want is cheap end meaning people don't bother using their tickets.

I have sent my ideas to the club.

1500 ?

The whole NS holds 10000+.....that’s the only number to aim for, with the overspill forming a second home end in SS3

Two ends are better than one

If we do get NSL2 and the club hopefully do away with the Electronic flags, what are peoples thoughts on one banner across the front of NSL2, for example NORTH STAND - MANCHESTER or individual banners similar to the ones that used to be hung from SSL2?

Milan - Curva South - Milan (note: corporate at the back ;-) )

View attachment 74195
VIMTO....Pure Manchester.

Charge a few quid more for it to put off those just wanting cheaper seats is the only way, or just have the core of the stand match day single ticket prices only. The last thin we want is cheap end meaning people don't bother using their tickets.

I have sent my ideas to the club.

The problem with that is, if you charge more money you’re then pricing out a lot of the people who might sing or join in. Younger people in particular. Lots of people who would have gone in the ss 1 and joined in moved to ss3 instead. Why would I move to the new stand if my season ticket is £200 cheaper elsewhere in the ground

I’d also say we need tickets to be affordable to attract fans into the new stand

1500 ?

The whole NS holds 10000+.....that’s the only number to aim for, with the overspill forming a second home end in SS3

Two ends are better than one

The specific singing section/s, not the whole of NSL2. Depending on the size of our blocks, think they are roughly 500 seats per block on average, could be well off with that figure, that would be 3 singing section blocks on NSL2.

United's singing section.

article-0-18-EF64-D000000578-632-634x422-2.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.