North Stand Construction Discussion

Last week, I posted a survey here (and a few other threads on Bluemoon/social media). For context, 1894 has been discussing the extension with MCFC. We will likely organise a new singing section in the extended stand when it opens. We wanted to get some initial feedback to start discussing our ideas as a group - which would be based on a broader set of opinions.

I wanted to share some of the feedback we received.

1 - In total, we received 489 responses.

2 - Fans generally want the entire North Stand to be designated singing sections (levels 1 and 2). There was a moderate preference for level 2 over level 1 after that.

3 - There will be high demand for tickets in the new stand. Around 2/3rds of fans responding said they want to go into the expanded North Stand, with a further 16% unsure/waiting to hear more info.

4 - Fans are overwhelmingly positive about the expansion plans. The average rating (with one low and five high) was 4.52.

5 - The most important factors (when considering if fans would move to the North Stand) were:
(In order)
a. Atmosphere
b. Price
c. Rail Seating
d. Proximity to 1894
e. Ability to stand near friends/family

6 - 82% of fans think we should move the family stand elsewhere or not have a family stand at all.

Please remember that these are just results from a comparatively small survey compared to what the club sees. 1894 has not decided anything as of yet. We will be having meetings with the club over the coming weeks where we will form a plan (and as part of that, we will encourage the club to offer opportunities for regular fans to have their say too).

Citizen stand for me, cos we’ll all be citizens in the home end, always there loud and proud, protectors of our great club.
Banners, flags and scarves proper home end.
if not citizens stand then it must be the 1894 stand.
Jesus Christ. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I really hope it's not the Cityzen stand or 1894, both cringy as fuck.

There are some great shouts posted here. Probably not a popular choice for the name of the stand but a mention somewhere within the development to Bernard Halford would be a nice touch.

You gotta be having a laugh right?

The bloke was a fucking charlatan, responsible for Swales sticking around as long as he did.

A snitch for Swales and Boler.

The new owners were too quick to try and show links to the past and Halford was simply in the right place, as always.

Last week, I posted a survey here (and a few other threads on Bluemoon/social media). For context, 1894 has been discussing the extension with MCFC. We will likely organise a new singing section in the extended stand when it opens. We wanted to get some initial feedback to start discussing our ideas as a group - which would be based on a broader set of opinions.

I wanted to share some of the feedback we received.

1 - In total, we received 489 responses.

2 - Fans generally want the entire North Stand to be designated singing sections (levels 1 and 2). There was a moderate preference for level 2 over level 1 after that.

3 - There will be high demand for tickets in the new stand. Around 2/3rds of fans responding said they want to go into the expanded North Stand, with a further 16% unsure/waiting to hear more info.

4 - Fans are overwhelmingly positive about the expansion plans. The average rating (with one low and five high) was 4.52.

5 - The most important factors (when considering if fans would move to the North Stand) were:
(In order)
a. Atmosphere
b. Price
c. Rail Seating
d. Proximity to 1894
e. Ability to stand near friends/family

6 - 82% of fans think we should move the family stand elsewhere or not have a family stand at all.

Please remember that these are just results from a comparatively small survey compared to what the club sees. 1894 has not decided anything as of yet. We will be having meetings with the club over the coming weeks where we will form a plan (and as part of that, we will encourage the club to offer opportunities for regular fans to have their say too).
Thank you for all you do in trying to make the atmosphere better, it's really needed and must be a thankless task at times.

In terms of the pre-match displays, again I know it must take an awful lot of time, money and effort to get those things organised and lots of people really like the look of them, so bravo to you lot for putting in the effort.

In terms of singing specifically, do you think the flags, banners, tifo etc has a positive, negative or no impact on the singing of the people involved in the display? Is the person waving the flag more or less likely to sing if he's got a flag in his hand?

The reason I ask, is would it be worth considering having the visual displays at one end of the ground, and singers at the other? It's hard enough getting songs off the ground nowadays as it is, but it must be even harder waving a 20 foot flag around and organising a tifo display at the same time.

Jesus Christ. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I really hope it's not the Cityzen stand or 1894, both cringy as fuck.

Got any naming ideas that aren't 'cringey as fuck'?

We can all crticize other people for making an effort and coming up with ideas.

You gotta be having a laugh right?

The bloke was a fucking charlatan, responsible for Swales sticking around as long as he did.

A snitch for Swales and Boler.

The new owners were too quick to try and show links to the past and Halford was simply in the right place, as always.
Always classy to speak ill of the dead, he did a good job for the Failsworth branch but hey ho.
However it should be called the North Stand.

Always classy to speak ill of the dead, he did a good job for the Failsworth branch but hey ho.
However it should be called the North Stand.
Totally agree if we start naming every fkg stand from bits of our history we'll be the laughing stock of other fans ! Don't even like the cheesy later shows ! At least we didn't do one against Bayern and the atmosphere was like a step back in time all generated by the fans .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.