North Stand Construction Discussion

Totally agree if we start naming every fkg stand from bits of our history we'll be the laughing stock of other fans ! Don't even like the cheesy later shows ! At least we didn't do one against Bayern and the atmosphere was like a step back in time all generated by the fans .

You mean like the Colin Bell stand? ;-)

A very big bit of our history Mr Bell was.

You mean like the Colin Bell stand? ;-)

A very big bit of our history Mr Bell was.
That's fine Bell was special and for 34 years we had a big black hole of mediocrity ! Now we have 12 years of continuing success with great memories call it the North Stand and put further statues up for legends, the more we name other stands it devalues the Colin Bell stand which by definition is the main stand !

Great shout. If anyone deserves a stand naming after them it’s Summerbee.

I’m not bothered about the ‘centurions stand’. It was a great achievement, but it’s barely mentioned and for me isn’t above things like the Aguero goal or players like Summerbee
He didn't do it for nothing you know !!
He's losing the plot mate...
Plot...Im not Guido Forks !!

That's fine Bell was special and for 34 years we had a big black hole of mediocrity ! Now we have 12 years of continuing success with great memories call it the North Stand and put further statues up for legends, the more we name other stands it devalues the Colin Bell stand which by definition is the main stand !

That’s a matter of opinion. I don’t think naming the 3 other stands, if that ever happens, devalues the Colin Bell stand, or Colin Bell himself. I wouldn’t think anything less of Colin Bell, if for example, the expanded North stand was called a different name or called the Sergio Agüero stand. Unfortunately I never had the privilege of seeing Colin Bell play or the other great City players in that wonderful and famous City team.

Last edited:
Thank you for all you do in trying to make the atmosphere better, it's really needed and must be a thankless task at times.

In terms of the pre-match displays, again I know it must take an awful lot of time, money and effort to get those things organised and lots of people really like the look of them, so bravo to you lot for putting in the effort.

In terms of singing specifically, do you think the flags, banners, tifo etc has a positive, negative or no impact on the singing of the people involved in the display? Is the person waving the flag more or less likely to sing if he's got a flag in his hand?

The reason I ask, is would it be worth considering having the visual displays at one end of the ground, and singers at the other? It's hard enough getting songs off the ground nowadays as it is, but it must be even harder waving a 20 foot flag around and organising a tifo display at the same time.

Thanks for the nice reply. We get a lot of positive feedback and it is rewarding when people react positively to what we do - you always get the negative people popping up here and there but after nearly a decade we’ve developed pretty thick skin!

You raise a good point. We know that ‘flags don’t sing’. I’ll mention that the lads who wave flags are all ‘loons’ and will be waving flags/singing/shouting simultaneously. But generally speaking fans are probably quieter when participating in a display.

There’s no scientific way to measure the effect our displays have on the atmosphere (singing). I think they add to the ‘culture’ we want to instil at the Etihad. Overall I think fans like us taking the lead and having smart, witty banners (Pannick on the streets of London - for example) and that it builds more pride among our fan base. That should make people feel more passionate and more likely to sing?

Ultimately singing and displays are two separate things (we treat them as such - we have people who focus more on displays and others who focus more on ‘atmosphere’/noise).

Got any naming ideas that aren't 'cringey as fuck'?

We can all crticize other people for making an effort and coming up with ideas.
Yes, the Sergio Aguero stand, I’ve said it earlier in the thread. The Bert Trautman stand would be fine too.

It’s nothing personal mate, I’ve never liked the term Cityzens, I don’t identify with it whatsoever and never have.

Of course you’re entitled to your opinion, and I’m entitled to mine.

Yes, the Sergio Aguero stand, I’ve said it earlier in the thread. The Bert Trautman stand would be fine too.

It’s nothing personal mate, I’ve never liked the term Cityzens, I don’t identify with it whatsoever and never have.

Of course you’re entitled to your opinion, and I’m entitled to mine.
Cityzens is a pet hate of mine…. It’s ‘CITIZENS’

Im not a big fan of naming stands, south stand and north stand still sound good, one of best names for me since my years at city was "KIPPAX". Plain old simple kippax.

Not to sound to harsh on the players / managers that come and go but this club in particular is about the fans ( although hypo bayern think differently ). So relate it to the fans when naming, if we have to name it at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.