North Stand Construction Discussion

No idea pal, I wasn’t around in 1898. Sometimes they are changeable as Crystal Palace changed theirs from The Glaziers in the 70s.

MCFChistory wrote:The first known reference to us as "The Citizens" is from a 1898 match programme.

Manchester City Football Club is often called The Citizens, which is a reference to the club's close ties with the city of Manchester. Another nickname for Manchester City is The Sky Blues, which comes from the club's traditional sky blue kit. The Citizens nickname dates back to the late 19th century when it was known as West Gorton (St. Marks) and played in front of predominantly local crowds.
1898? Probably best to ask Oakie.

not any longer! lol. you`re only being smug as the stand is being named after you anyway.......... ;-)
Don't tell jrb that, he doesn't appear to be happy about it.

So the start of July perhaps, must admit that I was hoping for quicker myself. Oh well, I'll hope for an early and good summer which will help the weeks pass. I'm fed up of getting wet and cold.

Don't tell jrb that, he doesn't appear to be happy about it.

So the start of July perhaps, must admit that I was hoping for quicker myself. Oh well, I'll hope for an early and good summer which will help the weeks pass. I'm fed up of getting wet and cold.

Yeah i thought there would be at least more snippets shown mate to be honest but it will come fast enough with the team being now in the latter stages of competitions.

Yeah i thought there would be at least more snippets shown mate to be honest but it will come fast enough with the team being now in the latter stages of competitions.
They've got everyone who has seen the spec and drawings under nda's, we have to then step the nda's down to anyone we get to price the job. But there seems to be more slipping out now eg Sisk on the hotel, it was probably a month ago I posted there was 2 contractors and one was only doing the hotel. So i'd expect more to come out as contactors are told they've not won their specific contracts.

Main Contractor has been confirmed for the hotel - its not Laings.
NDAs in place unfortunately.

Last edited:
They've got everyone who has seen the spec and drawings under nda's, we have to then step the nda's down to anyone we get to price the job. But there seems to be more slipping out now eg Sisk on the hotel, it was probably a month ago I posted there was 2 contractors and one was only doing the hotel. So i'd expect more to come out as contactors are told they've not won their specific contracts.
There are been 489 design variations to accommodate the suggestions from this thread alone.

Please leave it to the experienced experts, JRB & I or it’ll never get done.

#thecenturiansstand.

Does it fuck! Get a grip. Naming a stand and home end after getting 100 points away at Southampton. What, instead of naming it after that goal scored at that end, that won us our first PL title. And is the most famous goal and moment in PL history. Ask any City fan which moment they remember and cherish the most, including you!
Centurions doesn’t recognise a single goal, a single player or a single trophy.

It recognises a previously never achieved record over 38 games, 50 points home and away by the greatest team of the modern era.

It is a record achievement worth creating a legacy from for current and future generations.

It may be surpassed ( probably by us ) but we did it first.

#thecenturiansstand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.