North Stand Construction Discussion

When was the last time you heard a United fan call themselves a Rag?

The Coach Wreckers who stand on the KOP call themselves Kopites.

I’m not calling myself a Centurion. Lol!

Why not? I honestly believe it is our greatest achievement - 100 points, 100+ goals in a premier league season. It is a record that every football fan in the land should be aware of - but it isn’t. Thanks to our media the ‘invincibles’ are better known … so we should ram our achievement into eternity.

By the way, I’m also happy with the other names suggested but think this one is the best
Yours sincerely,
Centurion Trotsky ;-)

It might be but it's like Climbing m Everest, the 4 minute mile, something that people thought was impossible, and we did it FIRST...

But who really remembers it now? Who talks about it now? I don’t. It was a great achievement then. It‘s part of our history. But to name a stand and home end after it?

Why not? I honestly believe it is our greatest achievement - 100 points, 100+ goals in a premier league season. It is a record that every football fan in the land should be aware of - but it isn’t. Thanks to our media the ‘invincibles’ are better known … so we should ram our achievement into eternity.

By the way, I’m also happy with the other names suggested but think this one is the best
Yours sincerely,
Centurion Trotsky ;-)
No, it’s not our greatest achievement.

And you’re right, the majority of rival fans aren’t aware of it. And they never will be.

I don’t even accept an official nickname as being a thing. Who decides what an official nickname is? The whole point of a nickname is they it’s an unofficial term of endearment. Or abuse sometimes.

I also bet if you asked a thousand Leeds fans what their nickname is, 999 of them would say “whites” Fucking Peacocks? Literally never heard that apart from the boozer.

And West Brom’s is baggies.
Nope, Baggies is an unofficial nickname, much like ours is The Blues. West Brom is The Throstles, Leeds is The Peacocks, Newcastle is The Magpies, Chelsea is The Pensioners, Bolton is The Trotters, City is The Citizens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.