North Stand Construction Discussion

No, it’s not our greatest achievement.

And you’re right, the majority of rival fans aren’t aware of it. And they never will be.

Playing down our record breaking achievement of 100 points just because you want a different name for the new stand is extremely odd.

I’m not going to lose a wink of sleep whatever they call it but I do think Centurions End is a bit kind of weird.

I guess everyone would agree that naming a stand “The 2017-‘18 Team, End” would be odd and it’s pretty much just a shortened version of that.

I’d vote for North, East, South and West, so as not to confuse the tourists.

Of the top of my head.

Old White Hart Lane. The Shelf.(great name)
United. Stretford End.
Liverpool. The KOP.
Old Highbury. The North Bank and Clock End. Which Arsenal have used for both ends of the Emirates stadium.
Everton. The Gwladys Street End.
Leeds. The Kippax.
Newcastle. The Gallowgate end.
Aston Villa. The Holte End.
Etc.
Vast majority being geographical references. As it should be. Also stands the test of time and remains relevant to every generation going forward. A reference to history really should be left alone in my opinion.

Nope, Baggies is an unofficial nickname, much like ours is The Blues. West Brom is The Throstles, Leeds is The Peacocks, Newcastle is The Magpies, Chelsea is The Pensioners, Bolton is The Trotters, City is The Citizens.

Who decides what the official nickname of a club is? And are they changeable like a club badge? Or is the first official nickname forever so, even if no fucker has used it in 50 years?

Who decides what the official nickname of a club is? And are they changeable like a club badge? Or is the first official nickname forever so, even if no fucker has used it in 50 years?
No idea pal, I wasn’t around in 1898. Sometimes they are changeable as Crystal Palace changed theirs from The Glaziers in the 70s.

MCFChistory wrote:The first known reference to us as "The Citizens" is from a 1898 match programme.

Manchester City Football Club is often called The Citizens, which is a reference to the club's close ties with the city of Manchester. Another nickname for Manchester City is The Sky Blues, which comes from the club's traditional sky blue kit. The Citizens nickname dates back to the late 19th century when it was known as West Gorton (St. Marks) and played in front of predominantly local crowds.

Last edited:
Of the top of my head.

Old White Hart Lane. The Shelf.(great name)
United. Stretford End.
Liverpool. The KOP.
Old Highbury. The North Bank and Clock End. Which Arsenal have used for both ends of the Emirates stadium.
Everton. The Gwladys Street End.
Leeds. The Kippax.
Newcastle. The Gallowgate end.
Aston Villa. The Holte End.
Etc.
Leeds The Kippax?
Geldered End or Kop
Newcastle was The Leazes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.