North Stand Construction Discussion

Really dissapointed in the lack of support for: Sugrue Slope ;-)

On reading the thread and some of the really good suggestions (mine not included) The North Stand ain't that bad you know, it even gives a nod to our past.

One thing for sure when it’s completed, it will look fantastic. The elevation and steepness will look superb and at last a proper home end, with great facilities around outside. Can’t wait.
Lets hope so. SSL3 is terrible so lets hope lessons have been learned.

Centurions doesn’t recognise a single goal, a single player or a single trophy.

It recognises a previously never achieved record over 38 games, 50 points home and away by the greatest team of the modern era.

It is a record achievement worth creating a legacy from for current and future generations.

It may be surpassed ( probably by us ) but we did it first.

#thecenturiansstand.
I appreciate being in my 50s warps my view but if Arsenal had the invincibles stand I'd think it was all a bit needy and crass on the marketing front.

Only to be topped by naming a stand after some roman soldiers!

It smacks of BTEC Marketing students being given the prize to name a stand. Apart from anything else 4 syllables is too many for a good name.....that's primary school basic.....but like I said I'm old and know I've not got great tolerance these days:)

Last edited:
I appreciate being in my 50s warps my view but if Arsenal had the invincibles stand I'd think it was all a bit needy and crass on the marketing front.

Only to be topped by naming a stand after some roman soldiers.
It smacks of BTEC Marketing students being given the prize to name a stand. Apart from anything else 4 syllables is too many for a good name.....that's primary school basic.....but like I said I'm old and know I've not got great tolerance these days:)
Maybe when you reach 60 like me you'll care less.

I haven't checked back so don't know if it's previously been suggested, but what about:-

The Citidel, which means 'fortress, typically one on high ground above a City.'

I cannot think of anything more apt!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.