North Stand Construction Discussion

A few questions for any current NSL2 fans:

1. Do you get wet in your seats when it rains?

2. Does the front row floor collect a puddle when it rains?

3. Is the Sun in your eyes where you sit for a 12.30/14.00/15.00/16.30/17.30 game?
Sit on Row L in the 2nd Tier - great view btw.

1) I hadnt ever done until the Bayern game last week. Rain in the face then for the first time in 19 years in my seat

2) No

3) The sun in the eyes is a real problem for 12.30pm kick-offs only, and you spend the first half shielding your eyes from it.

Can you explain your thinking, what you would do differently, how and why ?

Cheers.

In the main, it’s the general juxtaposition between the old and the new. I think the back of the stand with the sky bar and the corners looks unbalanced and crudely put together.

I was expecting something modem and fresh looking, something that integrated and blended with the existing or produced a strong design statement as to what the rest of the ground may look like when it is finished

It’s unimaginative and dare I say lazy. I see the back end of the Ricoh arena crossed with the Middlebrook retail park, with Spurs sky walk chucked on the top and a fan park chucked in the middle.

If you look at other stadiums, Bernabau, Stanford Bridge concept, Allianz arena, you can see what could have been created with a little more imagination .

Last edited:
In the main, it’s the general juxtaposition between the old and the new. I think the back of the stand with the sky bar and the corners looks unbalanced and crudely put together.

I was expecting something modem and fresh looking, something that integrated and blended with the existing or produced a strong design statement as to what the rest of the ground may look like when it is finished

It’s unimaginative and dare I say lazy. I see the back end of the Ricoh arena crossed with the Middlebrook retail park, with Spurs sky walk chucked on the top and a fan park chucked in the middle.

If you look at other stadiums, Bernabau, Stanford Bridge concept, Allianz arena, you can see what could have been created with a little more imagination .
If you're young enough you'll will be utterly blown away by the new stadium which will be built on the site of the existing CFA which will be relocated on the Etihad site.

CFA site is twixt 80 & 100 acres and the new stadium concept was being worked on before the CFA was built.

The logic is so smart....we own ALL the land and will buy progressively more including ASDA and some of the housing estate behind MDs.

Buckle up you youngsters !!

If you're young enough you'll will be utterly blown away by the new stadium which will be built on the site of the existing CFA which will be relocated on the Etihad site.

CFA site is twixt 80 & 100 acres and the new stadium concept was being worked on before the CFA was built.

The logic is so smart....we own ALL the land and will buy progressively more including ASDA and some of the housing estate behind MDs.

Buckle up you youngsters !!

I don’t see a new stadium being built tbh with you. There has been too much investment on both sites for it all to be knocked down and started again. I will await further developments with interest, however.

Sit on Row L in the 2nd Tier - great view btw.

1) I hadnt ever done until the Bayern game last week. Rain in the face then for the first time in 19 years in my seat

2) No

3) The sun in the eyes is a real problem for 12.30pm kick-offs only, and you spend the first half shielding your eyes from it.
We sit on front row L3 Colin Bell and the Bayern game was the first time ever at Etihad that we've had rain in the face. We commented on it on the night.

We sit on front row L3 Colin Bell and the Bayern game was the first time ever at Etihad that we've had rain in the face. We commented on it on the night.
It could see it blowing in under the CB roof like a weird swarm of birds.

NS1 aways got rain far further back than SS1. I sometimes used to swap sides at half time for cup games and it was noticeable.

Was mad wasnt it. Felt like it was raining upwards at one stage, with it then circling about like a bloody tornado. Im half-way back on Tier 2 and it is the first time Ive ever got wet in that seat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.