North Stand Construction Discussion

I think any fans posting that it looks too boxy/dated/not that good etc could consider that there are many things going into this part of the ground i.e. hotel, fan zone, shop, museum, food hall, sky bar. That's quite a number of things to squeeze into one end. Fair enough if it was going into a side of the ground but it isn't.

I did really like the extension to the south stand initially but in the corners it doesn't seem to have been finished as aesthetically pleasing as it could. Difficult though as the original stadium finish drops down from 3 to 2 tiers at the ends. The stadium design might allow for a 4th tier on the sides that may improve its looks but that doesn't seem a priority at the moment and I'm not sure the original plans had that in mind. Would a roof lift allowing for fourth tiers to the sides work...enabling 3 tiers on the ends?
Maybe those of you who work in structural engineering can enlighten me.

Anyway the planning looks to be in the final stages and I'm sure City will do us proud. That sky bar looks pretty amazing and loads of City fans want a noisy imposing stand to roar on the lads. Boy do I miss the Kippax and so far that end looks fairly scary for the opposition. I'm sure it'll be done really well. Hopefully the working class fans won't be forgotten in the pricing structures. I'm looking forward to it being finished. Onwards and upwards blues.
The pricing structure for it will be crucial. We need under 25s in full voice there.

Not many people think long term when they see these designs. The reason things like ‘corners’ etc aren’t perfectly crafted is because they’re designed to either be easily pulled apart and/or link in to the sides being developed in another 10 years from now.

If you don’t design with the future in mind then you end up with final corners like the ones at Old Trafford which are a complete monstrosity since the sides and ends weren’t built with these quadrants in mind.

Personally think in the summer of 2025 the stadium will still look brilliant with both ends completed and with the sides still to come. Cover up the south corners with some screens and we’ll be more than fine for the next decade.

I am sure the corners are designed specifically to aid the pitch ahd the slats allow hot.or cooled air t oflow better through the bowl area

The pricing structure for it will be crucial. We need under 25s in
Not many people think long term when they see these designs. The reason things like ‘corners’ etc aren’t perfectly crafted is because they’re designed to either be easily pulled apart and/or link in to the sides being developed in another 10 years from now.

If you don’t design with the future in mind then you end up with final corners like the ones at Old Trafford which are a complete monstrosity since the sides and ends weren’t built with these quadrants in mind.

Personally think in the summer of 2025 the stadium will still look brilliant with both ends completed and with the sides still to come. Cover up the south corners with some screens and we’ll be more than fine for the next decade.
I totally agree, however, certainly for the South Stand and while this was will have been incorporated in the North Stand design to a degree the more boxed in corners also have been designed to keep the noise more in the ground ! The depth of the stand is completely boxed in if the CGI's are accurate!

exactly, this is for the future, the extension overcomes issues other stadiums have had later on in life. Our owners know what they are doing with architecture, you only need to visit Abu to see this.

I also think the stadium will look fantastic 2025, cant wait

The pricing structure for it will be crucial. We need under 25s in full voice there.
I don't know if my son and friends are typical, but for them it's not pricing or available cash that are an issue though. He could afford a S/C but he prefers to stick to Match day tickets as he wants other weekends free to do other things with his money and time , often just going off for long weekends around Europe. He has so many more options and activities to attract him than I had back in the 70s and 80s when it was just football and music.

I don't know if my son and friends are typical, but for them it's not pricing or available cash that are an issue though. He could afford a S/C but he prefers to stick to Match day tickets as he wants other weekends free to do other things with his money and time , often just going off for long weekends around Europe. He has so many more options and activities to attract him than I had back in the 70s and 80s when it was just football and music.
Yes. I have always had Match day tickets due to other commitments, but upwards of £60 is too much. Sadly, my health prevents me going at all now, so I am saving a fortune.

A few questions for any current NSL2 fans:

1. Do you get wet in your seats when it rains?

2. Does the front row floor collect a puddle when it rains?

3. Is the Sun in your eyes where you sit for a 12.30/14.00/15.00/16.30/17.30 game?
sit on 1st row of 2nd tier, relocated there prior to 2010/11 season:
1. got wet twice (Newcastle in 2010 & Bayern last week)
2. front row has never collected puddles
3. yes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.