North Stand Construction Discussion

Looks a great bit of kit, how many lenses do you have?

ATM 2. Looking at a 3rd one, wide angle. But going to hold out on that until I’ve got to grips with the 2 lenses. Been watching YouTube videos and reading up on using a DSLR camera.

Last edited:
I think any fans posting that it looks too boxy/dated/not that good etc could consider that there are many things going into this part of the ground i.e. hotel, fan zone, shop, museum, food hall, sky bar. That's quite a number of things to squeeze into one end. Fair enough if it was going into a side of the ground but it isn't.

I did really like the extension to the south stand initially but in the corners it doesn't seem to have been finished as aesthetically pleasing as it could. Difficult though as the original stadium finish drops down from 3 to 2 tiers at the ends. The stadium design might allow for a 4th tier on the sides that may improve its looks but that doesn't seem a priority at the moment and I'm not sure the original plans had that in mind. Would a roof lift allowing for fourth tiers to the sides work...enabling 3 tiers on the ends?
Maybe those of you who work in structural engineering can enlighten me.

Anyway the planning looks to be in the final stages and I'm sure City will do us proud. That sky bar looks pretty amazing and loads of City fans want a noisy imposing stand to roar on the lads. Boy do I miss the Kippax and so far that end looks fairly scary for the opposition. I'm sure it'll be done really well. Hopefully the working class fans won't be forgotten in the pricing structures. I'm looking forward to it being finished. Onwards and upwards blues.

Agree.

Especially this. It looks really awkward and completely out of place. I really don’t like it. I hope it’s just the way it’s been done on the cgi?

It reminds me of the back of Factory International.

View attachment 75577

From November last year. It should be completed by now?

View attachment 75581

View attachment 75580
You have to bear in mind that there’s a good possibility that both side stands will be extended, so I wouldn’t worry about the finishing for now.

I think any fans posting that it looks too boxy/dated/not that good etc could consider that there are many things going into this part of the ground i.e. hotel, fan zone, shop, museum, food hall, sky bar. That's quite a number of things to squeeze into one end. Fair enough if it was going into a side of the ground but it isn't.

I did really like the extension to the south stand initially but in the corners it doesn't seem to have been finished as aesthetically pleasing as it could. Difficult though as the original stadium finish drops down from 3 to 2 tiers at the ends. The stadium design might allow for a 4th tier on the sides that may improve its looks but that doesn't seem a priority at the moment and I'm not sure the original plans had that in mind. Would a roof lift allowing for fourth tiers to the sides work...enabling 3 tiers on the ends?
Maybe those of you who work in structural engineering can enlighten me.

Anyway the planning looks to be in the final stages and I'm sure City will do us proud. That sky bar looks pretty amazing and loads of City fans want a noisy imposing stand to roar on the lads. Boy do I miss the Kippax and so far that end looks fairly scary for the opposition. I'm sure it'll be done really well. Hopefully the working class fans won't be forgotten in the pricing structures. I'm looking forward to it being finished. Onwards and upwards blues.
1681884296101.png

1681884482671.png
You can see from these photos how much a drop it is to the east and west stands, maybe throught time when they extend the east and west stands ,it will all join up and be the same level all the way around with a new skin around the staduim aswell like what Real Madrid have done , this will give City to time improve the facilities inside staduim, alot has happened since 2016 regarding internal staduim design

Come back and say that when ST prices rise by 20% and a Matchday ticket is £80 a pop !
Matchday tickets are already creeping to that level.

I really hope this expansion opens up the opportunity for Cityzens to purchase STs. Can't remain in this bubble of paying £60+ a game. (I've been an ST holder in the past for many years, had to give it up due to moving for work etc).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.