North Stand Construction Discussion

Think they’re trying to gentrify the fans now, not just the stadium unfortunately, they want average Joes (pun intended) to spend more money. My only surprise is it’s only 600, suppose they could always extend it

Why are we surprised though? The club carved a middle section of L2 in the South stand and turned it over to corporate, moved fans from long established seats to create a L2 ring of corporate seating, removed pitch seating for added advertising funding, created hosp on L1 in the centre sections, etc etc

Like UEFA, legacy fans are to be shoved in around corporate areas to provide 'authenticity'

Think of those dollars to be made placing more corporates in the new stand, with a direct path to pre-drinks / canapes in the new hotel etc and a lovely sky bar (that no normal fan will ever see) that raises the roof so any noise made in the stand doesn't funnel back into the ground.

Looks yet again like a real kick in the teeth for those campaigning for a true home end if 12 front rows are now corporate.

Last edited:
Would they hold up telescopic flags and wave them, 2 stick flags, and spend their own time to setting up a display, and putting up, dropping, and taking down a 100ft banner along the front of NSL2?
Not if gets the padded seats dirty…

View attachment 75933

Hopefully this image looks alright on here (using my phone). I’m a bit concerned with the yellow hospitality area at the front of the stand. Hopefully that’s underneath? Not great if it’s meant to be a home end
Don’t like the look of that at all.

Imagine Rags or Scousers in there jumping up when there are 8,000 nutters in the stand behind them…

Not if gets the padded seats dirty…

You can do a surfer flag instead. :-) But it means missing the players coming out. On second thoughts forget it. Works on SSL1, so might as well do it there, unless that’s going to be changed by the club as well into another hospitality area after the move to the NS?

Would they hold up telescopic flags and wave them, 2 stick flags, and spend their own time to setting up a display, and putting up, dropping down, and taking down a 100ft banner along the front of NSL2?
I’m more concerned that people shout and scream and support the team, rather than pre match displays. How many fans hold telescopic flags and wave the now? Just 1894 group.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.