North Stand Construction Discussion

Just zoomed in on my PC.They aren't corporate boxes. Just the back of L1 with stewards and fans. Think some of the spaces might be disabled sections like at the back of SSL1.
It looks and will be amazing but why put hospitality seats right at the front would rather they put more at the back if they had to put them anywhere l looks like they've just moved the hospitality that was at the back of the current level 2 into the front of the new tier !

CITY SQUARE Sat at the heart of the developement is a covered square, linking the commercial and hotel blocks.

The frontages of this space are softened via the use of brickwork and glazing to the club shop and Food and Beverage offers, sat within the plinths of the hotel and commercial blocks.

City Square is open and available to be used outside of matchdays and event days and activity will be supported by the Club Shop and F&B units, museum, and interactive visitor experiences. The space has been designed to accommodate for events, including community events and various formats.

On matchdays this space replaces the current City Square, as a gathering socializing and meeting place pre and post game. The New City square, is intended to be utilized far more than its predecesor as a result of being covered by a canopy protecting it from the weather. WC provision, sized for a matchday crowd, is set within the footprint of the ground floor level of the hotel.

cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg

cs7.jpg

cs4.jpg

cs9.jpg

I’m genuinely stunned. Like what is the fucking point of even building a 2nd tier instead of a 3rd tier if it’s just going to have several corporate areas. It’s just beyond bizarre. It’s almost like someone had the idea of a 2nd tier but then someone else (Soriano) got their mits on it and they added in their spin thus distorting the original concept.

If they want more corporate capacity - put it in the South Stand.
I said as soon as the questionnaire went out it was just ticking boxes now having seen these excellent CGI's not a cat hells chance these were prepared since the 26th March and then sent for planning this week so even with the 1894 group's input the design was already decided ! Don't think the club were convinced it would mean a mass exodus to the 2nd tier as safe standing would have been in the planning even if it meant reducing it in the south stand or corners !

The saddest part of anything we do is the affordability. Even now, 4 tickets (2 adults and 2 kids) for Leeds match is £184.00, but you need a membership that's £35. Plus the increases by the time that stand is complete. It'll be interesting to see how attendances go across the Premier League in the next decade. With the pinch on finances I wonder if we'll see Italian style attendances. 60% full for rubbish games and full for the big ones?

Got to wonder if football is overplaying its hand. The tourists love us while things are going well but I didn’t see too many at home to Colchester when we were down amongst the dead men. We have a significant loyal fan base but we shouldn’t take them for granted.

I’m genuinely stunned. Like what is the fucking point of even building a 2nd tier instead of a 3rd tier if it’s just going to have several corporate areas. It’s just beyond bizarre. It’s almost like someone had the idea of a 2nd tier but then someone else (Soriano) got their mits on it and they added in their spin thus distorting the original concept.

It was all already planned to be like this. They always wanted more corporate sections. The consultation was a box ticking exercise

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.