North Stand Construction Discussion

Totally agree , hay my m8 was resigned to losing his seat before the plans cane out and actually likes the idea of a decent atmosphere returning to our games (he was a bit of a lad in his day ) now with the GA+ he sees the opportunity to be there in it but with the option to sit in a comfortable seat

My point was that in a previous post JRB used them fans being moved by the club for hospitality as some kind of point scoring when in fact he and many like myself and yourself will want them all located somewhere else for the whole thing to begin to take shape ,( which will take s few seasons in my opinion ) I was just pointing out it was a bit hypocritical for him to seem to be on there side when the club want to move them but will want them gone if the GA fans get them seats

Did I? Or did you just surmise I did?

Where did I say they should all be located somewhere else?

This thread is great for people making up things I haven’t posted.

Can’t wait for the next one.

If you look back previously, the club in certain instances have offered fans who have been forced, sorry asked to move, incentives or first refusal on relocation seats, etc. I’m not saying that is going to happen in this instance. Perhaps the people currently sitting on NSL2 will be contacted by the club at some point in the future and will be told what will be happening with their seats during the construction of the expanded North stand, if anything at all.

Does anyone know if the 2nd tier will remain and be extended, partly demolished, or demolished completely? Haven’t seen that in the PA. It might be in the construction document?

Last edited:
See, I think the exterior of the Co-Op Live is dead classy and will shoot it up to be the second best new-build in Manchester behind Co-Op’s headquarters at One Angel Square.

The arena will be sleek and sharp. Straight lines, block-colours, top banana to me. You should see how good the black cladding is in the ‘flesh’. And that LED lid that’s going on soon will top it off perfectly.

I find the proposals to the exterior of the expanded North Stand to not be up to the standards I was expecting from the club. There’s nowt up with that, just different people with different tastes and nothing to do with being a spoilt child.

On the 700 seats, here’s another picture of why it’s a bad idea to add to the many I’ve already posted:

View attachment 76556

People have been complaining about the hospitality area in the South Stand ruining pre-match displays for years. So having one, front-and-centre, of what we are preparing for being our new vocal stand, is clearly annoying to everyone who has been lobbying for a proper vocal stand for the first time in a generation… there’s really nowt up with that at all.

Could you imagine Dortmund being told the front eleven rows of their Südtribüne was going to be made hospitality? United have managed to get their club to get rid of their hospitality section in the Stretford End.

It really doesn’t have to be where they’re proposing in NSL2 and the more we feedback that we don’t want it there, the more chance of it being rethunk. Even if the plans can’t be amended, maybe if we even just make sure that the club put it out there for fans buying tickets there that we want them in their seats for displays before the game and we don’t want away fans in there at any cost (because there are away fans in hospitality all around the Etihad for many games).
All about opinions but personally I would not call a black cube with an led wrap classy at this time, and there are dozens of more beautiful building in Manchester.

Does anyone know if the 2nd tier will remain and be extended, partly demolished, or demolished completely? Haven’t seen that in the PA. It might be in the construction document?

I got told by the club that the current plans are to completely demolish the second tier.

But I also got told there was absolutely no hospitality in there. So take it with a pinch of salt.

Did I? Or did you just surmise I did?

Where did I say they should all be located somewhere else?

This thread is great for people making up things I haven’t posted.

Can’t wait for the next one.

If you look back previously, the club in certain instances have offered fans who have been forced, sorry asked to move, incentives or first refusal on relocation seats, etc. I’m not saying that is going to happen in this instance. Perhaps the people currently sitting on NSL2 will be contacted by the club at some point in the future and will be told what will be happening with their seats during the construction of the expanded North stand, if anything at all.

On the planning application it’s the same 2nd tier and the new section joins up with it.

Developments tend to look good in these CGIs that get banded about, so it’s hard to be definitive about the final look of the campus when this stage of development is complete - still no stadium wrap but the whole place needs a makeover, the tarmac and the lighting etc is a right eyesore. Hopefully the whole area around the stadium will get a makeover - it certainly needs it.

Developments tend to look good in these CGIs that get banded about, so it’s hard to be definitive about the final look of the campus when this stage of development is complete - still no stadium wrap but the whole place needs a makeover, the tarmac and the lighting etc is a right eyesore. Hopefully the whole area around the stadium will get a makeover - it certainly needs it.

yeah i`m surprised there was no stadium wrap as well mate to be honest. Some have mentioned its in the plans for when the east and west stands get expanded but that could be 10-15 years at least????

Yeh I agree, although as every day passes i think this development will look top notch in the flesh. It will be nice to walk around the stadium not trying to dodge puddles at every step!

I do wonder if the stadium wrap and the final plans for the east and west exist as of yet? As in, the final plans not speculative ideas.

When you expand in a fragmented way, i guess you have to be sympathetic to the existing look and not go too far. The exterior of the south stands blends well with the east and west IMO.

I would expect to see similar developments with the east and west and then an epic wrap to tie it all together, which includes partially covering the blockishness of the hotel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.