North Stand Construction Discussion

I get the impression that you haven’t read pretty much any of the points that have been made.

Pretty much every poster is happy with the expansion and what’s being planned. It’s just the 600 odd corporate seats at the front of a home end.

Apparently you’re spoilt if you don’t agree with that? That is a joke of a comment.
TBH I’ve no problem with corporate. If they want to pay big bucks - goodo

TBH I’ve no problem with corporate. If they want to pay big bucks - goodo
Khaldoon and his crew have bought up the 700 front row seats, so you all can chill
man-city-lawyers.gif

Reactions: CC1
I get the impression that you haven’t read pretty much any of the points that have been made.

Pretty much every poster is happy with the expansion and what’s being planned. It’s just the 600 odd corporate seats at the front of a home end that a large number of posters don’t agree with

Apparently you’re spoilt if you don’t agree with that? That is a joke of a comment.
It’s just the 600 odd corporate seats at the front of a home end that a large number of posters don’t agree with
—————
They are NOT corporate. They are ‘General Admission Plus’…. Basically normal supporters with a separate bar area. Corporate Hospitality is a world away from this. We don’t even know if this is the actual plan yet. Wait until the club advise on the matter.

It’s just the 600 odd corporate seats at the front of a home end that a large number of posters don’t agree with
—————
They are NOT corporate. They are ‘General Admission Plus’…. Basically normal supporters with a separate bar area. Corporate Hospitality is a world away from this. We don’t even know if this is the actual plan yet. Wait until the club advise on the matter.

Spoilt child!

No wait, I've lost track, whose opinions are we bashing?

And that’s fair enough, but it doesn’t make you a spoilt child if you don’t agree with it as the poster above suggests.
I wasn’t actually aware of your “disagreement” with another poster.

I just feel the more corporate the better. Raises our profile even higher; contributes to costs & in the new stand (& the ground in general) there’s plenty of room. Tunnel club was admired by all clubs

Feel free to repost those comments and the 1894 questionnaire.

There has been plenty of discussion about relocating the family stand, not forcing people and kids out of the family stand/north stand. Discussing it and actively wanting it to happen are 2 completely different things. Regardless of what we discuss on here, it is the club who will make the decisions, just like they will with the proposed hospitality section at the front of level 2.

It was me who mentioned the fans currently sitting on level 2 who may have to make way for the proposed hospitality section at the front of the new level 2. 'I was supporting them'. Again, that decision will be made by the club.

There's no need for the aggressive tone from you and your m8.
Sorry ! What part of my post was aggressive? Really wasn’t going for aggressive when I wrote it..

Im fully behind the whole safe standing home end and my m8s was fully resigned to losing his seat (now he’s considering going GA+in that area there if that’s what the club decide to put there )

I’m just pointing out a bit of hypocrisy as
your saying you support them folk who will be moved for that bit of hospitality, but
let’s say the club decided to not put the 600+ GA + seats there
My m8 is 3 rows up with a 13 yr and a 7 yr old , not great on his pins so can’t stand other then to cheer a goal or to belt a song out now and again so won’t want anyone stood up in front of him for 90 min, the 7 year old is 4ft and again won’t want someone stood up in-front of him plus there is a large number of mini blues in them seats who won’t want ppl standing in front ..
will you be supporting him and his families needs to remain in his seat with uninterrupted views from people stood up ?

In fact the only opportunity for him to keep his seats and not be restricted by people stood in front of him would be what the club seem to be proposing..
Like I say (timidly as not to seem aggressive;-) you shouldn’t be using there plight as if the club don’t move them for hospitality they will be moved to meet the request you and others want , ..

Sorry ! What part of my post was aggressive? Really wasn’t going for aggressive when I wrote it..

Im fully behind the whole safe standing home end and my m8s was fully resigned to losing his seat (now he’s considering going GA+in that area there if that’s what the club decide to put there )

I’m just pointing out a bit of hypocrisy as
your saying you support them folk who will be moved for that bit of hospitality, but
let’s say the club decided to not put the 600+ GA + seats there
My m8 is 3 rows up with a 13 yr and a 7 yr old , not great on his pins so can’t stand other then to cheer a goal or to belt a song out now and again so won’t want anyone stood up in front of him for 90 min, the 7 year old is 4ft and again won’t want someone stood up in-front of him plus there is a large number of mini blues in them seats who won’t want ppl standing in front ..
will you be supporting him and his families needs to remain in his seat with uninterrupted views from people stood up ?

In fact the only opportunity for him to keep his seats and not be restricted by people stood in front of him would be what the club seem to be proposing..
Like I say (timidly as not to seem aggressive;-) you shouldn’t be using there plight as if the club don’t move them for hospitality they will be moved to meet the request you and others want , ..
Although I sympathise with your mate and he obviously deserves to be able to watch city how he wants…

That type of supporter and his kids should not be front and centre of an atmospheric home end.

It’s blunt, but honest. There are three other stands to choose from!!

We need younger fans bouncing around making a racket for 90 minutes game in game out!

The reaction outside the club is one of shock and reality of just how far superior we are run in every department, but from our fan base lot's of weird almost spoilt child reaction.

People moaning about the location of 700 seats, the use of red brick etc etc.

See, I think the exterior of the Co-Op Live is dead classy and will shoot it up to be the second best new-build in Manchester behind Co-Op’s headquarters at One Angel Square.

The arena will be sleek and sharp. Straight lines, block-colours, top banana to me. You should see how good the black cladding is in the ‘flesh’. And that LED lid that’s going on soon will top it off perfectly.

I find the proposals to the exterior of the expanded North Stand to not be up to the standards I was expecting from the club. There’s nowt up with that, just different people with different tastes and nothing to do with being a spoilt child.

On the 700 seats, here’s another picture of why it’s a bad idea to add to the many I’ve already posted:

E02F87CC-C8A2-4B45-A4B1-2CD122A3C973.jpeg

People have been complaining about the hospitality area in the South Stand ruining pre-match displays for years. So having one, front-and-centre, of what we are preparing for being our new vocal stand, is clearly annoying to everyone who has been lobbying for a proper vocal stand for the first time in a generation… there’s really nowt up with that at all.

Could you imagine Dortmund being told the front eleven rows of their Südtribüne was going to be made hospitality? United have managed to get their club to get rid of their hospitality section in the Stretford End.

It really doesn’t have to be where they’re proposing in NSL2 and the more we feedback that we don’t want it there, the more chance of it being rethunk. Even if the plans can’t be amended, maybe if we even just make sure that the club put it out there for fans buying tickets there that we want them in their seats for displays before the game and we don’t want away fans in there at any cost (because there are away fans in hospitality all around the Etihad for many games).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.