North Stand Construction Discussion

It’s just the 600 odd corporate seats at the front of a home end that a large number of posters don’t agree with
—————
They are NOT corporate. They are ‘General Admission Plus’…. Basically normal supporters with a separate bar area. Corporate Hospitality is a world away from this. We don’t even know if this is the actual plan yet. Wait until the club advise on the matter.

Corporate/ hospitality/ expensive / corporate light…. general admission plus’ is an interesting way of describing them. Lots of people who don’t sit in those seats see them as corporate / coming under that same kind of category and similar to seats elsewhere in the second tier.

You said season tickets in joes are £1450. So that’s nearly £1000 more expensive then some of our cheaper seats and a few hundred more than seats in say ss1. Yes the people in them are normal as you keep saying and no one’s disagreeing with that.

It just happens that most city fans can’t actually afford to sit in padded seats that are nearly double the price and shouldn’t be at the front of a home end.

I’ll leave it at that, otherwise we’re just repeating ourselves mate

Although I sympathise with your mate and he obviously deserves to be able to watch city how he wants…

That type of supporter and his kids should not be front and centre of an atmospheric home end.

It’s blunt, but honest. There are three other stands to choose from!!

We need younger fans bouncing around making a racket for 90 minutes game in game out!
Yep, you can't have a big 2nd tier 'Home end' with families in it (leaving aside the GA+ seats at the front which I don't think are an issue myself). The families will get moved one way or another, presumably to NS tier 1 as you don't want them in the SS near the away supporters.

Corporate/ hospitality/ expensive / corporate light…. general admission plus’ is an interesting way of describing them. Lots of people who don’t sit in those seats see them as corporate / coming under that same kind of category and similar to seats elsewhere in the second tier.

You said season tickets in joes are £1450. So that’s nearly £1000 more expensive then some of our cheaper seats and a few hundred more than seats in say ss1. Yes the people in them are normal as you keep saying and no one’s disagreeing with that.

It just happens that most city fans can’t actually afford to sit in padded seats that are nearly double the price and shouldn’t be at the front of a home end.

I’ll leave it at that, otherwise we’re just repeating ourselves mate
But lots of City fans can afford the GA+ seats (although no one knows what they'll be priced at yet, even if they go ahead). Are they not allowed to join in?

Yep, you can't have a big 2nd tier 'Home end' with families in it (leaving aside the GA+ seats at the front which I don't think are an issue myself). The families will get moved one way or another, presumably to NS tier 1 as you don't want them in the SS near the away supporters.
People should be able to go where they want as long as they understand the nature of the stand. I personally have no problem with premium seating or families being there if they know that it is expected that they would join in with the singing and help create the atmosphere.

As someone who is noisy and wants to be in the home end, I don't care if you put tourists next to me who want to join in but the one thing I hate is when I'm seen as the attraction and people start filming me singing or generally being into it. I can't tell if the home end is going to make that better or worse.

NSL1 for the Family Stand was my preferred suggestion to the club in the survey.

At the moment, the kids don’t have anything to brag about to their Rag mates at school with regards to what stand they sit in at City. In the expanded North Stand with it being a vocal stand, they’ll proudly say ‘I sit in The Great Northern End’ (or whoever it’ll be called) as that’ll be our iconic stand.

Then as they get older, the kids can be promoted to the big top tier.

As someone who is noisy and wants to be in the home end, I don't care if you put tourists next to me who want to join in but the one thing I hate is when I'm seen as the attraction and people start filming me singing or generally being into it. I can't tell if the home end is going to make that better or worse.
In United’s singing section above the tunnel, you’re not allowed to get your phones out. People are asked to leave if they do.

We seem to have hit a stalemate. We’re all going around in circles.

The up shot is. I doubt the club will change their plans and they will go ahead with the 648 seat hospitality section at the front of L2.

The club definitely won’t change the Ambulant seating row plan behind the hospitality section, which is 4 rows from the exits, and at the front of each side block.(see diagram below)

• Increased row depth
No standing viewers infront
• Closer proximity to vomitories

1682454711012.jpeg

The Latin word vomitorium, plural vomitoria, derives from the verb vomō, vomere, "to spew forth". In ancient Roman architecture, vomitoria were designed to provide rapid egress for large crowds at amphitheatres and stadia, as they do in modern sports stadia and large theatres.

6DD34907-F9E4-4BEF-9E48-A9FC914B7A62.png

Although I sympathise with your mate and he obviously deserves to be able to watch city how he wants…

That type of supporter and his kids should not be front and centre of an atmospheric home end.

It’s blunt, but honest. There are three other stands to choose from!!

We need younger fans bouncing around making a racket for 90 minutes game in game out!
Totally agree , hay my m8 was resigned to losing his seat before the plans cane out and actually likes the idea of a decent atmosphere returning to our games (he was a bit of a lad in his day ) now with the GA+ he sees the opportunity to be there in it but with the option to sit in a comfortable seat

My point was that in a previous post JRB used them fans being moved by the club for hospitality as some kind of point scoring when in fact he and many like myself and yourself will want them all located somewhere else for the whole thing to begin to take shape ,( which will take s few seasons in my opinion ) I was just pointing out it was a bit hypocritical for him to seem to be on there side when the club want to move them but will want them gone if the GA fans get them seats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.