North Stand Construction Discussion

All 100% of the fans who will go into NSL2 need is beer. Don’t need anything posh but just build a MASSIVE bar on the concourse, get some decent beer on for a change and get the music pumping.

I appreciate your logic, but it isn’t quite as simple as that, trust me. :-/

All 100% of the fans who will go into NSL2 need is beer. Don’t need anything posh but just build a MASSIVE bar on the concourse, get some decent beer on for a change and get the music pumping.
They’ve done that on level 1 it’s called City Hall, will serve inside the stand & City square on the outside. Will also convert to several other concepts on non match days, I wonder if L2 will have internal access ? There’s not a lot of room up top for anything substantial, but they can obviously do something decent with what they do have (hopefully) and it’s not just an after thought job, given we’ll have City Hall, the sky bar & suites at the top and the area similar to Joes on L2

They’ve done that on level 1 it’s called City Hall, will serve inside the stand & City square on the outside. Will also convert to several other concepts on non match days, I wonder if L2 will have internal access ? There’s not a lot of room up top for anything substantial, but they can obviously do something decent with what they do have (hopefully) and it’s not just an after thought job, given we’ll have City Hall, the sky bar & suites at the top and the area similar to Joes on L2
Not necessarily a bad thing that. I think I’d prefer to be in a position where the concourses in NSL2 are small and have nothing going on so nobody wants to spend time there. This would mean that the stands are full well before kick off because being in the stand the best place to be and there’s no leaving early at half time and coming back late after half time, which dilutes the atmosphere massively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily a bad thing that. I think I’d prefer to be in a position where the concourses in NSL2 are small and have nothing going on so nobody wants to spend time there. This would mean that the stands are full well before kick off because being in the stand the best place to be and there’s no leaving early at half time and coming back late after half time, which dilutes the atmosphere massively.

On Saturday I got back to my seat at the start of the 2nd half as my mate from Leeds wanted to see the kick off.

Normally I’d be finishing my pint off in the new bar at the back of 115. I’m not fast drinker.

I met my mate at the back of 119 at the end of the 1st half. His seat was in 119. We drank our beers on the concourse at the back of 119.

As we went back to 115, I passed the new bar at the back of 115 and it was absolutely rammed, with kick off seconds away.

I’m not complaining and being hypocrite, as I’ve missed quite a few 2nd half kick offs this seasons when I’ve been in the new bar finishing my pint off.

Your point is spot on. The new bar area at the back of 115 does make more fans go back to their seats later.

On the flip side, it’s a really good bar, with plenty of space, seating, including the terraces in both corners, some decent Mancunian tracks from the DJ.(he does need to play some different tracks every now and again), the service is quick, and the beer is decent, etc. It really isn’t a surprise that it’s been a huge success.

If City Hall, on a much bigger scale is going to be similar, it will be a huge success. On the flip side you’ll have 100’s, maybe even 1000’s of fans getting to their seats after the game has started in both halfs.

A double-sided Goal Line Bar is what is needed as I said above to get rid of the hospitality section that they have planned for the 643 seats GA+ and then install this, the double-sided goal line bar could serve City Hall and the bottom half of the newly expanded North Stand access from City Hall to the new double-sided goal line bar could be accessed via staircases that link up to a mezzanine floor, please look at this drawing L00 this is City Hall then look at L01 which highlighted in purple(VIP) just like what Spurs have done below

1683538168366.png
1683539409177.png

1683538645740.png
1683538912811.png
Instead of four staircases like what Spurs have you could have two in the corners of City Hall, as you can see from the drawings, no way are two bars be able to serve 1800 people on a match day, have a double-sided goal line bar would help massively with match days and also when they are using the City Hall for events as noted in the planning application.

1683540035622.png

Going through the planning documents managed to get this to zoom right in on this , looks like Excel House is gone , dont know what 2,3 or 4 are , the replacement for Excel House could be another hotel ?

In picture 3 you can see the blacked out buildings that seem to take shape of what is pictured in picture 1

345279171_1194096047917492_7821122260600384082_n.jpg

1683547891514.png
1683548170281.png

Reactions: jrb
On Saturday I got back to my seat at the start of the 2nd half as my mate from Leeds wanted to see the kick off.

Normally I’d be finishing my pint off in the new bar at the back of 115. I’m not fast drinker.

I met my mate at the back of 119 at the end of the 1st half. His seat was in 119. We drank our beers on the concourse at the back of 119.

As we went back to 115, I passed the new bar at the back of 115 and it was absolutely rammed, with kick off seconds away.

I’m not complaining and being hypocrite, as I’ve missed quite a few 2nd half kick offs this seasons when I’ve been in the new bar finishing my pint off.

Your point is spot on. The new bar area at the back of 115 does make more fans go back to their seats later.

On the flip side, it’s a really good bar, with plenty of space, seating, including the terraces in both corners, some decent Mancunian tracks from the DJ.(he does need to play some different tracks every now and again), the service is quick, and the beer is decent, etc. It really isn’t a surprise that it’s been a huge success.

If City Hall, on a much bigger scale is going to be similar, it will be a huge success. On the flip side you’ll have 100’s, maybe even 1000’s of fans getting to their seats after the game has started in both halfs.

well observed JRB, when the new bar was built with the theory that fans would be drawn in to the stadium early and be in seats quickly i said straight away this wont be as it is.

fans now run out of the stands on 37mins before half time to get a pint and they dont come back in well in to the first half, i passed you JRB with some banners after second half kicked off, it was full in the bar !

It is dangerous at times when the club thinks and doesnt listen first, we work our arses off to get fans in then they build a lovely bar fit for deansgate which keeps fans away from the terraces.

This is a massive concern with the north stand, again they will try everything and fail at most, the powers that be need to listen.

And for the hell of me i will never understand why a fan wants to miss 15 or 20 mins of a game to drink booze.

well observed JRB, when the new bar was built with the theory that fans would be drawn in to the stadium early and be in seats quickly i said straight away this wont be as it is.

fans now run out of the stands on 37mins before half time to get a pint and they dont come back in well in to the first half, i passed you JRB with some banners after second half kicked off, it was full in the bar !

It is dangerous at times when the club thinks and doesnt listen first, we work our arses off to get fans in then they build a lovely bar fit for deansgate which keeps fans away from the terraces.

This is a massive concern with the north stand, again they will try everything and fail at most, the powers that be need to listen.

And for the hell of me i will never understand why a fan wants to miss 15 or 20 mins of a game to drink booze.
I'd refuse to open the bars before the start of the game and at the half time whistle and then close it again when they come out for the second half and not open until full time. Then again I don't see an event of any kind as an opportunity to just get pissed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.