North Stand Construction Discussion

Clubs make serious money from food and drink look how much Spurs make £800,000 on match day

That video is shite. Shows the area as very ordinary around the stadium, massive queues at the bar/concourse area and claims a world-class atmosphere via a dozen or so Spurs fans doing the only song they have*. The only bit that I was impressed with was the on-site brewery.

*Mind you it is going to be hard getting a decent example of them at the moment/last 20 years.

well observed JRB, when the new bar was built with the theory that fans would be drawn in to the stadium early and be in seats quickly i said straight away this wont be as it is.

fans now run out of the stands on 37mins before half time to get a pint and they dont come back in well in to the first half, i passed you JRB with some banners after second half kicked off, it was full in the bar !

It is dangerous at times when the club thinks and doesnt listen first, we work our arses off to get fans in then they build a lovely bar fit for deansgate which keeps fans away from the terraces.

This is a massive concern with the north stand, again they will try everything and fail at most, the powers that be need to listen.

And for the hell of me i will never understand why a fan wants to miss 15 or 20 mins of a game to drink booze.
I wasn’t aware we were in North Korea where fans aren’t allowed to do what they want to do ??

What would you prefer - put a shit bar in there which nobody wants to use ? Or maybe no bar at all ??

The reason the bar is full is that thousands of supporters want to have a drink.

You might go to the game to be in the stadium early to wave flags but the majority go to the game to catch up with mates, have a drink and watch the football.

You might not understand it but it’s what thousands of supporters have been doing for decades and won’t be changing.

I wasn’t aware we were in North Korea where fans aren’t allowed to do what they want to do ??

What would you prefer - put a shit bar in there which nobody wants to use ? Or maybe no bar at all ??

The reason the bar is full is that thousands of supporters want to have a drink.

You might go to the game to be in the stadium early to wave flags but the majority go to the game to catch up with mates, have a drink and watch the football.

You might not understand it but it’s what thousands of supporters have been doing for decades and won’t be changing.

Let's hope everyone is in their seats for kick off next Wednesday against Real Madrid. The club need it to happen for the display, and to get behind the team from kick off.

Last edited:
Is North Korea the new Hitler in an updated version of Godwin's law, because I seem to have missed the memo.

Showing the roof being supported by steel struts before the cable net system was added? I'm wondering if this is how they would have to remove it when the time comes, by supporting underneath then cutting the cable and dismantling by sections.
They wont be cutting the cable as the who structure is dependent upon it, the south stand has the cable running below the roof line If you look at the new construction of the north stand you will see the ground anchors for the cable-net have been moved upwards

Going through the planning documents managed to get this to zoom right in on this , looks like Excel House is gone , dont know what 2,3 or 4 are , the replacement for Excel House could be another hotel ?

In picture 3 you can see the blacked out buildings that seem to take shape of what is pictured in picture 1

345279171_1194096047917492_7821122260600384082_n.jpg

View attachment 78112
View attachment 78113
How come there are buildings in the planning document that don’t seem to have been mentioned or proposed yet ? Could they just be the shop museum etc

The main issue is the time it takes to get served. More bars should make it easier for people for people to get a drink and back to their seats quickly. It is all revenue for the club. In the 1980s the only pleasure in going to City was the pre and post-match booze up in the Osborne Arms! That's where I spent most of my time. I was one of the early leavers!

They wont be cutting the cable as the who structure is dependent upon it, the south stand has the cable running below the roof line If you look at the new construction of the north stand you will see the ground anchors for the cable-net have been moved upwards
Just wondering if there'll ever be a time that they might choose to extend the east and west stands upwards with new independent roofs thus rendering the system irrelevant and get rid of the 12 supports and ground anchors. Might make for an easier wrap to finish it off. Just my random thoughts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.