North Stand Construction Discussion

Just wondering if there'll ever be a time that they might choose to extend the east and west stands upwards with new independent roofs thus rendering the system irrelevant and get rid of the 12 supports and ground anchors. Might make for an easier wrap to finish it off. Just my random thoughts.

I think that’s the plan. North and South stands accommodate the cable-net but don’t require it. Only when the East and West stands have their own self supporting roof structures can the cable net be removed,

I think that’s the plan. North and South stands accommodate the cable-net but don’t require it. Only when the East and West stands have their own self supporting roof structures can the cable net be removed,
I presume even if they don’t extend the sides,at some point they will need new roof’s anyway and the structures can be removed. Then wrapped.

Reactions: nmc
The roof wouldn’t need new structures just new fittings if it was just being renovated.
Yes I get that, just wondering the difference in cost between building a new roof and supports compared to adding just a few rows to the sides and a new roof. Whether the difference wouldn’t be cost effective with how few seats would be added.
To be fair as I’m typing I realise I’m guessing with absolutely no knowledge :)

Let's hope everyone is in their seats for kick off next Wednesday against Real Madrid. The club need it to happen for the display, and to get behind the team from kick off.
Good luck with the display. I’ll be in my seat 1 minute before kick as I am every home game.

Going through the planning documents managed to get this to zoom right in on this , looks like Excel House is gone , dont know what 2,3 or 4 are , the replacement for Excel House could be another hotel ?

In picture 3 you can see the blacked out buildings that seem to take shape of what is pictured in picture 1

345279171_1194096047917492_7821122260600384082_n.jpg

View attachment 78112
View attachment 78113

Only just noticed those extra buildings in the background (darkened out).
That's quite a lot of density on there....like a small town. Presume guess work atm but looks quite promising (though at least one of those buildings is quite possible a multi storey car park?).

Shops, restaurants and another cultural offering plausible I guess.
Still not convinced on the annexing of the stadium with the hotel though, but I'll reserve more judgement until finer details are shown.

May have already been posted?

Decreased capacity during construction.

Area around the expanded North Stand to be Tarmacked.(I hate Tarmac)

deceased capacity.jpg

black tarmac.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.