North Stand Construction Discussion

About 14k, less than spurs which fans out more, same as the stretford end, about 1k more than Evertons new stand at BM and more than the kop

We'll have about 10k in the 2nd tier itself I reckon. Will be so much better to get songs going, under the roof and spreading around. It's already loud and that's with a couple of blocks of 1-2,000 people starting things in different areas. Having a whole stand giving it will be epic, and it looks like a perfect acoustic design to get the noise down to the pitch and around the ground.

Considering our home record, especially for big nights, good luck when that's built! And beyond that you'll have the side stands expanded by another 10,000 or so each. We'll be dominating for a long time yet!

Just to put investment in new hotels into perspective, and the on-going demand for hotel rooms in Manchester, which will only increase with the new arena, etc.

Lamington Group’s proposals would see a long-neglected site located close to Manchester Piccadilly station redeveloped into a 31-storey hotel.

The 251-bedroom hotel, to be operated by Room2, is aiming to be the “best reviewed hotel in the UK and the country’s first net zero tower”, according to a design statement by architect Bennetts Associates.

View attachment 79706

That’s the plot next to the Waldorf pub. I was wondering what was happening to that as I recall a Japanese hotel group were originally gonna build on it.

We'll have about 10k in the 2nd tier itself I reckon. Will be so much better to get songs going, under the roof and spreading around. It's already loud and that's with a couple of blocks of 1-2,000 people starting things in different areas. Having a whole stand giving it will be epic, and it looks like a perfect acoustic design to get the noise down to the pitch and around the ground.

Considering our home record, especially for big nights, good luck when that's built! And beyond that you'll have the side stands expanded by another 10,000 or so each. We'll be dominating for a long time yet!
Will be a hell of a roar for the first big game in there, has the potential to unite the stadium, sound will travel down both flanks & join up with the south stand for the big numbers/classics. Big game atmospheres are already incredible at the Etihad, but a little scatty in terms of ‘One voice’. I’ve just switched seats to 132 in the corner, with an eye on getting in there when it’s done (can’t wait!) I always say momentum is massive in football, and right now it’s with us, if we maintain these levels for the next two seasons, and match it off the pitch, well let’s just say it’s a scary prospect for the rest of football

had the north stand expansion been one tier only and majority safes stand rather than preference to corporate it would unite the stadium together more and make a massive difference. I fully understand the reasons why it had to be two tier and accept that.

Therefore we have a two tier stand... Had we have had safestand lower tier and possible upper tier, priority to atmosphere rather than corporate then there was a good chance that if a lot of fans move into the new area we could unite the stadium in singing.

But from the clubs released designs where it tries to please bits for everybody but doesnt please anybody, it wont make much difference ! It will be the same as what we have with to many separate singers for the noise to carry round the whole stadium.

Unless the design changes and the club works with fans requests, the new stand will look excellent and make the stadium one hell of a place. Obviously an extra 7,000 fans will sound good when we score.

This season the South stand has come on leaps and bounds atmosphere wise, a lot more non singers have now gone and the singers plus youthful fans have come in. This is plain to see. So I for one and many other singers wont be moving from where we are in the south stand as it is pointless.

had the north stand expansion been one tier only and majority safes stand rather than preference to corporate it would unite the stadium together more and make a massive difference. I fully understand the reasons why it had to be two tier and accept that.

Therefore we have a two tier stand... Had we have had safestand lower tier and possible upper tier, priority to atmosphere rather than corporate then there was a good chance that if a lot of fans move into the new area we could unite the stadium in singing.

But from the clubs released designs where it tries to please bits for everybody but doesnt please anybody, it wont make much difference ! It will be the same as what we have with to many separate singers for the noise to carry round the whole stadium.

Unless the design changes and the club works with fans requests, the new stand will look excellent and make the stadium one hell of a place. Obviously an extra 7,000 fans will sound good when we score.

This season the South stand has come on leaps and bounds atmosphere wise, a lot more non singers have now gone and the singers plus youthful fans have come in. This is plain to see. So I for one and many other singers wont be moving from where we are in the south stand as it is pointless.

I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said and the clubs absolutely have to remove the corporate seating at the front of the stand for it to work.

I agree that the south stand has been good, but I think it’s as good as it gets. 10,000 people all stood to together in a proper home end would eclipse all the atmosphere ss1 in particular has created this season in my opinion

Thinking long term ss1 is not big enough and there’s no potential to grow it or really improve the atmosphere there.

It’s all about having a proper home end with all of our singers in one place.

I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said and the clubs absolutely have to remove the corporate seating at the front of the stand for it to work.

I agree that the south stand has been good, but I think it’s as good as it gets. 10,000 people all stood to together in a proper home end would eclipse all the atmosphere ss1 in particular has created this season in my opinion

Thinking long term ss1 is not big enough and there’s no potential to grow it or really improve the atmosphere there.

It’s all about having a proper home end with all of our singers in one place.

yes i agree, the lower SS isnt big enough really for what we would like to grow it to, i dont think it is the right shape or size to spread to the whole stadium.

fingers crossed meetings are held and plans are changed.

Just to put investment in new hotels into perspective, and the on-going demand for hotel rooms in Manchester, which will only increase with the new arena, etc.

Lamington Group’s proposals would see a long-neglected site located close to Manchester Piccadilly station redeveloped into a 31-storey hotel.

The 251-bedroom hotel, to be operated by Room2, is aiming to be the “best reviewed hotel in the UK and the country’s first net zero tower”, according to a design statement by architect Bennetts Associates.

View attachment 79706

this going to be next to the waldorf?

yes i agree, the lower SS isnt big enough really for what we would like to grow it to, i dont think it is the right shape or size to spread to the whole stadium.

fingers crossed meetings are held and plans are changed.
The stand doesn’t get built without Corporate sections.

Any future meetings won’t change that.

Absolute nonsense.

Around 10,000 safe standing places (I've no doubt that will be announced long before it's actually open) with just a few rows (3 is it?) at the front and you think that means they're prioritising corporate? For starters it's not corporate as said over and over, they're premium seats.

Absolute nonsense.

Around 10,000 safe standing places (I've no doubt that will be announced long before it's actually open) with just a few rows (3 is it?) at the front and you think that means they're prioritising corporate? For starters it's not corporate as said over and over, they're premium seats.

Safe standing isn’t confirmed for either tier yet. If they announce the 2nd tier will be safe standing then that will of course be a huge positive. Current indications are though that they don’t see the 2nd tier as the atmosphere area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.