North Stand Construction Discussion

Absolute nonsense.

Around 10,000 safe standing places (I've no doubt that will be announced long before it's actually open) with just a few rows (3 is it?) at the front and you think that means they're prioritising corporate? For starters it's not corporate as said over and over, they're premium seats.

It's 600 seats so a fair number, but surrounded by 9,000 hardcore it's not too bad. If they're kept to being season ticket plus seats with their own bar and great location then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I don't imagine it will be like the 2nd tier at Wembley when everyone comes out late and leaves early to get their caviar and champagne.

They need to make a return on the investment but that's going to come from the wider football uses and improved City square. Creating a proper home end should get people to the ground earlier to start drinking/singing and the wider attractions in the area will help.

Safe standing isn’t confirmed for either tier yet. If they announce the 2nd tier will be safe standing then that will of course be a huge positive. Current indications are though that they don’t see the 2nd tier as the atmosphere area.

How have you worked that out? They've stated in the application it would be capable of supporting safe standing. They've just not confirmed that at this stage. There's no way they'd stick a 10,000 seater 2nd tier in and not look to have it as the atmosphere area.

Pep's talked about our fans more than ever this season. Even in his speech on Saturday he thanked the away fans. The players celebrated for a very long time with the South Stand, more than they did with any other part of the ground. I'm sure Khaldoon is aware of how much a boost it is having vocal support home and away. It doesn't take a genius to work out what the current issues are. You've got isolated areas in the SSL1, a bit in SSL3 and in the kippax corner all trying to generate an atmosphere. They do a great job, but not as good as if they were all together under a roof in NSL2.

How have you worked that out? They've stated in the application it would be capable of supporting safe standing. They've just not confirmed that at this stage. There's no way they'd stick a 10,000 seater 2nd tier in and not look to have it as the atmosphere area.

Pep's talked about our fans more than ever this season. Even in his speech on Saturday he thanked the away fans. The players celebrated for a very long time with the South Stand, more than they did with any other part of the ground. I'm sure Khaldoon is aware of how much a boost it is having vocal support home and away. It doesn't take a genius to work out what the current issues are. You've got isolated areas in the SSL1, a bit in SSL3 and in the kippax corner all trying to generate an atmosphere. They do a great job, but not as good as if they were all together under a roof in NSL2.

By going off the facts. It’s literally a factual statement.

People would have said ‘there’s no way there will be hospitality seats at the front of our singing end’ just a few months back. We can’t just presume it will be safe standing, we have to push for it to assure that it is.

When is the completion date looking like? And I would assume this would give Citizen members, without a ST, the chance to get one?

I'm hoping for this year but doubt I'll have the points to secure one, but let's see.

I think he meant your last line. Which is conjecture, not fact.

It is also a fact that the stand allows for safe standing in the future, as part of the current planning approval.

Fair enough. If they don’t make it safe standing and there’s hospitality at the front, then the South Stand crew might as well stay where they are. The fans will need to apply pressure to get it right, which to be fair, looks like is happening.

When is the completion date looking like? And I would assume this would give Citizen members, without a ST, the chance to get one?

I'm hoping for this year but doubt I'll have the points to secure one, but let's see.

August 2025 for the stand/terrace with the other works completed a year or so later in 2026.

By going off the facts. It’s literally a factual statement.

People would have said ‘there’s no way there will be hospitality seats at the front of our singing end’ just a few months back. We can’t just presume it will be safe standing, we have to push for it to assure that it is.

Your point on safe standing is a fact. That's not the bit that I was questioning. That doesn't require planning permission so can happen outside of this process.

I was querying why you thought, based on these proposals, the club don't see the 2nd tier as the atmosphere area. It's an extended tier capable of holding a hell of a lot of people and is something most fans have been asking for in terms of a way of improving the atmosphere.

Yes there's revenue at the heart of these proposals, but the club could have stuck a third tier on top and had all of the 2nd tier as hospitality if it wanted to. Instead they've looked to provide a home end.

Your point on safe standing is a fact. That's not the bit that I was questioning. That doesn't require planning permission so can happen outside of this process.

I was querying why you thought, based on these proposals, the club don't see the 2nd tier as the atmosphere area. It's an extended tier capable of holding a hell of a lot of people and is something most fans have been asking for in terms of a way of improving the atmosphere.

Yes there's revenue at the heart of these proposals, but the club could have stuck a third tier on top and had all of the 2nd tier as hospitality if it wanted to. Instead they've looked to provide a home end.
What's due to happen with the lower level, staying as family?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.