North Stand Construction Discussion

What's due to happen with the lower level, staying as family?

That will be decided in the future but I'd imagine so. It's been pretty lively in the family stand this season. Maybe the majority of kids in there are older now and want to join in with the singing, maybe it's the Haaland factor...but it's been a lot more lively than usual. They even started a few songs on the weekend.

Pricing/priority etc to fill the NSL2 will be the next big discussion/debate!

That will be decided in the future but I'd imagine so. It's been pretty lively in the family stand this season. Maybe the majority of kids in there are older now and want to join in with the singing, maybe it's the Haaland factor...but it's been a lot more lively than usual. They even started a few songs on the weekend.

Pricing/priority etc to fill the NSL2 will be the next big discussion/debate!
I've only sat there once this season (usually SS) and that was the Bournemouth 4-0 when it was about 40 degrees - so wasn't much going. If they've got the expansion right above them singing away, it should definitely improve things on that side

It's 600 seats so a fair number, but surrounded by 9,000 hardcore it's not too bad. If they're kept to being season ticket plus seats with their own bar and great location then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I don't imagine it will be like the 2nd tier at Wembley when everyone comes out late and leaves early to get their caviar and champagne.

They need to make a return on the investment but that's going to come from the wider football uses and improved City square. Creating a proper home end should get people to the ground earlier to start drinking/singing and the wider attractions in the area will help.

There isn't going to be 9000 hardcore fans in L2.

Behind the 'hospitality seats' will be a full row of ambulant seating.

And if anyone thinks the centre block seats behind the hospitality and ambulant seats are going to be cheap and affordable, you can think again.

At the back of L2 will be a row of suites, a hotel room with seating outside on a terrace.

I'm telling you all now, by the time City finish with L2 it will be a stand full of hospitality, ambulant, suites, and expensive season tickets and expensive match day seats.

L2 certainly won't replicate the noise, songs and support that has been generated on SSL1 this season, which is the nearest thing we currently have to a home end.

I'm telling you all now, by the time City finish with L2 it will be a stand full of hospitality, ambulant, suites, and expensive season tickets and expensive match day seats.

I think this is a gross generalisation and is largely an exaggeration of the facts…. The overwhelming majority of those in L2 of the new North stand will be passionate blues with a smattering of hospitality / corporate - numbering circa 750.

That’s the plot next to the Waldorf pub. I was wondering what was happening to that as I recall a Japanese hotel group were originally gonna build on it.

Correct.

Obviously, they never told the proposal forward.

I'm a bit dubious about this latest proposal being built. Hopefully it will be built?

I think this is a gross generalisation and is largely an exaggeration of the facts…. The overwhelming majority of those in L2 of the new North stand will be passionate blues with a smattering of hospitality / corporate - numbering circa 750.

It's just my opinion. I don't trust the club. There you go, I've said it. What we found out in the planning application bears that out. I hope I'm wrong and the club take another look at the L2 proposal and change some if it. But I don't think they will.

Just to put investment in new hotels into perspective, and the on-going demand for hotel rooms in Manchester, which will only increase with the new arena, etc.

Lamington Group’s proposals would see a long-neglected site located close to Manchester Piccadilly station redeveloped into a 31-storey hotel.

The 251-bedroom hotel, to be operated by Room2, is aiming to be the “best reviewed hotel in the UK and the country’s first net zero tower”, according to a design statement by architect Bennetts Associates.

View attachment 79706

I hope the architects consult Steve McQueen!

It's just my opinion. I don't trust the club. There you go, I've said it. What we found out in the planning application bears that out. I hope I'm wrong and the club take another look at the L2 proposal and change some if it. But I don't think they will.

Take 9k down to 8k then. Plenty of seats/standing spaces for the hardcore. Need to see what the pricing will be but there's nothing special in the stand other than the suites at the top and a premium bar for 600 people. Everything else is standard. I get the lack of trust but we have to believe this is to be the new home end and work on that basis. I know you work hard and care about the atmosphere more than most but writing it off this early means it can only fail.

Absolute nonsense.

Around 10,000 safe standing places (I've no doubt that will be announced long before it's actually open) with just a few rows (3 is it?) at the front and you think that means they're prioritising corporate? For starters it's not corporate as said over and over, they're premium seats.

Yes, it's the 'Charcuterie singing section' at the front of L2. ;-)

Take 9k down to 8k then. Plenty of seats/standing spaces for the hardcore. Need to see what the pricing will be but there's nothing special in the stand other than the suites at the top and a premium bar for 600 people. Everything else is standard. I get the lack of trust but we have to believe this is to be the new home end and work on that basis. I know you work hard and care about the atmosphere more than most but writing it off this early means it can only fail.

I'm not writing a proper home end in L2 off as the club have time to change it. 2 years. Do I honestly think the club will change it, no I don't. As we know, once the club makes it's mind up, that is it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.