North Stand Construction Discussion

There isn't going to be 9000 hardcore fans in L2.

Behind the 'hospitality seats' will be a full row of ambulant seating.

And if anyone thinks the centre block seats behind the hospitality and ambulant seats are going to be cheap and affordable, you can think again.

At the back of L2 will be a row of suites, a hotel room with seating outside on a terrace.

I'm telling you all now, by the time City finish with L2 it will be a stand full of hospitality, ambulant, suites, and expensive season tickets and expensive match day seats.

L2 certainly won't replicate the noise, songs and support that has been generated on SSL1 this season, which is the nearest thing we currently have to a home end.

I see you've gone and smashed that glass half empty right up.

Time will tell. Hope you are wrong.

It's just my opinion. I don't trust the club. There you go, I've said it. What we found out in the planning application bears that out. I hope I'm wrong and the club take another look at the L2 proposal and change some if it. But I don't think they will.

Trust the club, don't trust the club, entirely your call of course.

But you of all people have certainly seen enough planning applications, and their eventual outcomes, to know that the second part of your post is completely irrelevant to the first.

Trust the club, don't trust the club, entirely your call of course.

But you of all people have certainly seen enough planning applications, and their eventual outcomes, to know that the second part of your post is completely irrelevant to the first.

I've seen a lifetime of planning applications. As a rule what you see is what you get bar amendments along the way.

TBF to the club they haven't made a single comment about the NS and L2 proposal. They've never promised anything specific. But they've read and know what the vast majority of us want.

It will be interesting to find out what Danny Wilson and the other people at City involved in the North stand expansion say to City Matters and 1894 when the meetings take place. We'll hopefully know more by then?

Last edited:
There isn't going to be 9000 hardcore fans in L2.

Behind the 'hospitality seats' will be a full row of ambulant seating.

And if anyone thinks the centre block seats behind the hospitality and ambulant seats are going to be cheap and affordable, you can think again.

At the back of L2 will be a row of suites, a hotel room with seating outside on a terrace.

I'm telling you all now, by the time City finish with L2 it will be a stand full of hospitality, ambulant, suites, and expensive season tickets and expensive match day seats.

L2 certainly won't replicate the noise, songs and support that has been generated on SSL1 this season, which is the nearest thing we currently have to a home end.
A bit dismissive (at best) of the fans who need the ambulant seats surely. Why can't they be 'hardcore' fans (whatever that actually means)?

I've seen a lifetime of planning applications. As a rule what you see is what you get bar amendments along the way.

TBF to the club they haven't made a single comment about the NS and L2 proposal. They've never promised anything specific. But they've read and know what the vast majority of us want.

It will be interesting to find out what Danny Wilson and the other people at City involved in the North stand expansion say to City Matters and 1894 when the meetings take place. We'll hopefully know more by then?
There wouldn’t need to be any amendment to the planning, planning don’t care who sits in what seats, nor as there is provision for it whether they are seats, padded seats or safe standing .

There wouldn’t need to be any amendment to the planning, planning don’t care who sits in what seats, nor as there is provision for it whether they are seats, padded seats or safe standing .

I never said there would be an amendment needed.

As you say, City can change the seating configuration if they want to.

The ambulant seating won't be moved as it's located 4 rows below the exits/entrances , and on the bottom rows of the 2 lowest corner blocks above the exits/entrances Eady access.

Last edited:
A bit dismissive (at best) of the fans who need the ambulant seats surely. Why can't they be 'hardcore' fans (whatever that actually means)?

I didn't say they weren't hardcore fans. I was pointing out where that row of seats is in relation to the other seats on L2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.