North Stand Construction Discussion

Pretty sure there are enough fans that can afford 600 premium that want to be vocal and would know before buying they were in a vocal end, especially if it is safe standing, not sure being vocal is equated to income. Wouldn’t make the slightest difference to the rest of the stand.Not sure what messages it sends or doesn’t send nor who to.

Hospitality seats are the quietest part of any stadium no matter where it is and including at the Etihad.

Ok. Not sure I agree with that. The loudest areas in the ground are often the cheapest. Ss3 for instance. Young people in particular tend to only be able to afford the cheaper seats and they often make lots of noise - away games are a perfect example of that.

South stand level 2 is nothing like level 1 or 3 in terms of noise - is that a good example? Ss2 has meant the south stand is disjointed as the second tier often doesn’t join in with chants

As I said you wouldn’t put 600 premium seats at the front of the yellow wall. The second tier should be affordable for everyone and ideally have the most vocal fans towards the front
We know the cheapest are the loudest, but there are people all over the ground that won’t stand up on their own and join in, yet when a song spreads around the ground and those around them stand and sing most fans wherever they sit will join in. I would be fairly sure anyone buying a ticket in the same stand as all the vocal fans would know they were buying tickets where everyone around them were there to be vocal I’m pretty sure they would join in.

Hospitality seats are the quietest part of any stadium no matter where it is and including at the Etihad.
These aren’t hospitality which are one off match ticket and packages they are Joe /93:20 premium and will be mainly season ticket holders. I’ve been in those and they don’t start songs, they do join in and would join in in the NS if surrounded by singers.

I just don’t get why 600 premium seats at the front is a problem. There are 9500 seats together.

If you are sat in the top 2/3s of the new stand you wouldnt even know the front few rows are Premium so why even be arsed.
I think people are worried we’ll basically end up with a replica of the SS (tiers aside) and lose a generational opportunity with the new NS, but there’s no chance of that happening, the club have listened to the fans by making it two tier, and there was always going to be ample corporate etc to make it pay, where the 650 seats are situated makes it seem like a barrier between levels 1&2 to some, and I can kind of understand that.
I was in 216 at the weekend and witnessed the legends section & how fragmented it makes the atmosphere, but that’s an entire block whereas the NS GA+ section will be elongated across the stand a lot more and will be a few rows, it seems a better compromise than having whole blocks (which is what I expected) as semi corporate.
Whether we like it or not the club will progress with the plans already in place, it would be far better for the likes of 1894 to focus on the demographic of the other 9500 seats, and what’s to become of level 1, get some 18-25 & singing sections in both tiers, push for safe standing, faster service at the bars, and a courtyard area for smokers

These aren’t hospitality which are one off match ticket and packages they are Joe /93:20 premium and will be mainly season ticket holders. I’ve been in those and they don’t start songs, they do join in and would join in in the NS if surrounded by singers.

Joe’s and 93:20 are still much quieter than various areas of the ground. They’re also the sections with the most empty seats these days. Not a great look for a home end.

Like I say, if it’s standing then I think it won’t be much of an issue. It will attract the right kind of audience then. I’m just concerned the club is going to go with seating especially with the front section.

Ok. Not sure I agree with that. The loudest areas in the ground are often the cheapest. Ss3 for instance. Young people in particular tend to only be able to afford the cheaper seats and they often make lots of noise - away games are a perfect example of that.

South stand level 2 is nothing like level 1 or 3 in terms of noise - is that a good example? Ss2 has meant the south stand is disjointed as the second tier often doesn’t join in with chants

As I said you wouldn’t put 600 premium seats at the front of the yellow wall. The second tier should be affordable for everyone and ideally have the most vocal fans towards the front
On that note maybe the club could look at extending the 18-21 prices to 18-25 for areas such as the North & South Stands, if they’re the most vocal (I know some may say different) let’s get them in there, let’s make the atmospheres like an away game, the demographic of the stand is far more important than anything else

Joe's is classed as hospitality by City, 9320 isn't.

Anything over £40 is hospitality to me. Anything over £50 is corporate to me.

Joe’s and 93:20 are still much quieter than various areas of the ground. They’re also the sections with the most empty seats these days. Not a great look for a home end.

Like I say, if it’s standing then I think it won’t be much of an issue. It will attract the right kind of audience then. I’m just concerned the club is going to go with seating especially with the front section.
Sorry but that is not true.

For the majority of games 3 sides of the pitch sit in complete silence so to make out its a Joes or 9320 problem is nonsense.

Any empty seats in Joes or 9320 are sold but they haven’t turned up or sold th on the exchange. but that’s a problem which affects every stand in the stadium

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.