North Stand Construction Discussion

Not for this thread. HS2 being the latest example. Successive British Governemnts are absolutely f*cking useless at funding and delivering large scale transport infrastructure projects. During that time span of ‘10 years’, funding and delivering a ‘2-3 mile’ stretch of Metrolink track, Japan, China, France, etc would have probably built a high speed rail line/network, an underground line/network, or a light rail network.
Etihad Rail is needed

Let them take over HS2 and let connect up this area again by train , I am sure Andy Burnham would happy for this

I always thought some terracing, don’t know to what depth, had been constructed and was covered over for the duration of the games and then unearthed again during further redevelopment of the City of Manchester stadium, including the construction of the North stand.

Only picture I can find showing the North stand constructed with the seats going in.

View attachment 103031

Yes, the bottom side and end were a temporary fix and seating.

View attachment 103032
I don't remember that at all but damned if I can find pictures showing either way. It makes no sense to me, building it and then burying it again only to dig it back up later.

Etihad Rail is needed

Let them take over HS2 and let connect up this area again by train , I am sure Andy Burnham would happy for this

a few of my dads old work colleagues quit Network Rail to get involved on a few rail projects in the region a few years ago.

leaps and bounds over ours

Not for this thread. HS2 being the latest example. Successive British Governemnts are absolutely f*cking useless at funding and delivering large scale transport infrastructure projects. During that time span of ‘10 years’, funding and delivering a ‘2-3 mile’ stretch of Metrolink track, Japan, China, France, etc would have probably built a high speed rail line/network, an underground line/network, or a light rail network.
To be fair, if you complained that it was going through your garden in China, you'd probably be laying tracks yourself the next week.

I don't remember that at all but damned if I can find pictures showing either way. It makes no sense to me, building it and then burying it again only to dig it back up later.

I do recall that. Or to what depth, if that did happen at all? Not saying I’m right.

I’m struggling to find any info and pictures of the North stand construction bar the 1 picture I posted, which I had to enlarge, as it was small.

Last edited:
To be fair, if you complained that it was going through your garden in China, you'd probably be laying tracks yourself the next week.

Japan, China, France, Spain, Germany etc can always fund and build large national and local transport infrastructure projects, yet the UK can’t. And if the UK can, they always go over budget and take decades to be completed.

Japan, China, France, Spain, Germany etc can always fund and build large national and local transport infrastructure projects, yet the UK can’t. And if the UK can, they always go over budget and take decades to be completed.
@jrb spot on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.