North Stand Construction Discussion

Japan, China, France, Spain, Germany etc can always fund and build large national and local transport infrastructure projects, yet the UK can’t. And if the UK can, they always go over budget and take decades to be completed.
I have no idea about the rest of the world but the rail system in Germany is struggling after years of under investment. Infrastructure projects like the rail link through Stuttgart are severely delayed and massively over budget. Only 75% of high speed services reach their destination on time. It is estimated that around 14 billion euros is needed just to shore up the existing infrastructure. Not saying we are better here just that the problems we have are not unique.

I have no idea about the rest of the world but the rail system in Germany is struggling after years of under investment. Infrastructure projects like the rail link through Stuttgart are severely delayed and massively over budget. Only 75% of high speed services reach their destination on time. It is estimated that around 14 billion euros is needed just to shore up the existing infrastructure. Not saying we are better here just that the problems we have are not unique.

When I’ve been to Germany I’ve found the trains to be on time, efficient, and relatively cheap compared to UK train services. But I’ll take your word for it.

Japan, China, France, Spain, Germany etc can always fund and build large national and local transport infrastructure projects, yet the UK can’t. And if the UK can, they always go over budget and take decades to be completed.
Would not be putting China in that list as an example, you google China railway safety it's an eye-opener...

Do we even have high speed services?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.