North Stand Construction Discussion

That is one of the conundrums for City. If they do decide to relocate the family stand, where are they going to relocate it to? Maybe they will leave it where it is? It‘s interesting that either or both NSL1 and NSL2 could be made safe standing, which is mentioned in the planning application. *Future phases*.
Haven’t the club already talked about making the family section smaller, and stoped bothering to move people out when they get older?

Haven’t the club already talked about making the family section smaller, and stoped bothering to move people out when they get older?
The Family Stand was expanded from NS2 to NS 1 & 2 in 2011. This was coupled with putting up under 16 prices in all other stands, e.g. the £95 ones were not available in SS1 after that, they went to £140 and then platinum on top.

The demand for the expended lower tier family stand wasn't as hight as expected, as people were told they needed to move from the 8 blocks, but this was scaled back to 6 with those in the larger corner blocks allowed to stay. Since then U16 went to U18 and I am not aware of recent evictions due to age, but not entirely sure when it stopped. There are a lot of older people in NS1 who no longer have younger season tickets with them at all, whether 5 or 25.

I fully expected the NS1 expansion of the family stand to make way eventually for a hospitality level 2 around the ground, which I said at the time, copying Wembley and Arsenal. Whilst this has been happening gradually the 2 tier north stand goes against it, even though there is likely to be some type of 9320/Joes prices the first several rows, which will be entirely dependant on demand no doubt.

I fully expect all the family standers to be encouraged to go to NS1, and ones who don't qualify being offered SS1 & 3, or further back in NS2 as part of a displacement strategy.

Relocation is the issue, existing fans were given first choice with tne South Stand meaning new fans were left with the dearer tickets and they were scattered all over, so difficult for groups of friends and family.
If S/C are given first go the numbers should be li ited as should the blocks available off the top of my head maybe half, then another quarter to new S/C holders.
The last 2000 should be blocks ring-fenced for matchday fans so it’s easy to get seats together for groups of friends and families. Also can we stop with the day tripper nonsense probably the vast majority of matchday fans will be long term fans that can’t go every week or new fans that may become long term fans, baybe a few that have been fans longer than you or me. Will some one only come to one game, yes, but as long as there is room so what.

I certainly didn't mean day tripper in a negative sense mate. Football is forever changing and evolving - vloggers aren't going to go anywhere and I'm sure there will be plenty of people who go to all sorts of different grounds doing different things and seeing an opportunity to monetise it. Plenty of people will have kids all over the place supporting City now and looking to make a weekend of it, they'll spend a fortune attending one game a season and buying lots of merchandise and that's just how it is. Nothing against that - that's a major part we need to expand.

I can't think of a single reason why City would move everyone in the family stand from the North stand to the South Stand to accommodate a singing section in the North stand. It would be extremely disruptive.

I can't think of a single reason why City would move everyone in the family stand from the North stand to the South Stand to accommodate a singing section in the North stand. It would be extremely disruptive.
Main problem nearly all the singing section likes being next to the away fans for banter atmosphere etc ! Can see a great majority will not wantlng to move for that reason alone.

I remain cynical about what we'll see. What's this covered City square going to provide? Is it going to be a beer hall style area to bring in the singers and get them buying loads of pints before making a racket? Or will the club think, they spend a limited amount and actually what we want is family and tourist oriented entertainment with lots of merchandise and to make a fortune capturing that revenue each matchday. Market to the Cityzen members a unique matchday experience with access to City square and all the entertainment plus seats in a single tier "home end" (they'll still call it that).

Those who come for a couple of beers and a sing song spend relatively little and they're already going to come and watch City sat where they currently are. The atmosphere is clearly good enough for us to perform as a club - unbeaten at home in 2023 - so why change it? Why not design it to capture as much revenue as possible which will come from those with kids, tourists and cityzen members who will undoubtedly spend more money.

I remain cynical about what we'll see. What's this covered City square going to provide? Is it going to be a beer hall style area to bring in the singers and get them buying loads of pints before making a racket? Or will the club think, they spend a limited amount and actually what we want is family and tourist oriented entertainment with lots of merchandise and to make a fortune capturing that revenue each matchday. Market to the Cityzen members a unique matchday experience with access to City square and all the entertainment plus seats in a single tier "home end" (they'll still call it that).

Those who come for a couple of beers and a sing song spend relatively little and they're already going to come and watch City sat where they currently are. The atmosphere is clearly good enough for us to perform as a club - unbeaten at home in 2023 - so why change it? Why not design it to capture as much revenue as possible which will come from those with kids, tourists and cityzen members who will undoubtedly spend more money.

Looking at what is on its edges, and how much thought has gone into its use outwith match days, I'd say the second one myself.

If you want a pint you will get a pint, if you want food you can get food, you're overthinking it mate...

If you want a pint you will get a pint, if you want food you can get food, you're overthinking it mate...

You might be underthinking it mate ;).

There is obviously more to it than just a place to get a pint, but yes it does that too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.