North Stand Construction Discussion

Well; that's been a given since the infamous chips farce. Never happened under Swales, Bernstein or Franny.

I totally fucked up my attempt at facetiousness. By responding to the wrong bloody post. I'll try again.

No offence to the people who currently sit on NSL1. :-)

Can you imagine having 700 hospitality seats at the front of NSL2, behind them families, kids, and the current make up of fans on NSL1, and behind them at the back of NSL2 more hospitality from the hotel, and hotels rooms with balconies overlooking NSL2 and the pitch. That really is a proper home end that will generate chants and an atmosphere. :-?

#SheikhOut

No offence to the people who currently sit on NSL1. :-)

Can you imagine having 700 hospitality seats at the front of NSL2, behind them families, kids, and the current make up of fans on NSL1, and behind them at the back of NSL2 more hospitality from the hotel, and hotels rooms with balconies overlooking NSL2 and the pitch. That really is a proper home end that will generate chants and an atmosphere. :-?
I’m hearing a quartet of half-pissed gobshites were in Legends for the Sheffield Utd game, and got funny looks and widespread tutting for singing and ballooning.
Luckily, they had a small claims solicitor on hand to address any unpleasantness and complaints from the assembled trippers
Don’t repeat the same mistake with the North Stand. A corporate area front and centre will kill it at birth

I meant the stand, as it is now; not the redeveloped stand. L1 is reserved for "families" and, as such, there isn't the same atmosphere generated compared to other parts of the stadium. There, the majority of noise coming from the North Stand will be from L2, no?

Apologies. Understand now. Yes.

The only way this extension would have been atmosphere based would have been for it to be done properly. Personally that to me would have meant 1 massive stand- regardless of the increased cost. Then I would have moved. Alternatively, before the coop arena was built an entirely new ground could have gone up on the land we had like Tottenham did or Bournemouth are planning to do. Too late now for that.

I am in 115 and a member of 1894 but I have absolutely no intention of moving over. I am not going onto the second tier of the ground with a worse view just due to the poor design of the ground. I get it is for some just not for me.

I have somewhat given up about caring about the other areas of the ground. For the large part SS1 is decent and has the best bar area and that’s enough for me. City certainly don’t care given the whole second tier is corporate and they are selling more and more tickets to match day sales. To me there are too many risks to try and set up a new ‘singing section’, the grass isn’t always greener. A large part of the atmosphere is the wind up with away fans. City might well try and sell it as a new atmosphere end just to try and get people away from the away fans given the heavy stewarding and policing issues recently rather than caring about the actual atmosphere.

When I have spoken to those around me and that I know in 115 nobody fancies it. The only way in which I can see people going for it is cheaper prices etc like what happened with SS3 when people stopped their move to lower to get cheaper seats up top. I also think there will be nothing but season ticket increases from city so doubt that.

There is also the fact that surely those already in family stand will get first choice, meaning any plan to fill the stand with younger crowd or move people from other stands won’t necessarily work or if does will only be the nosebleed seats left at top. Could just end up family stand 2.0.

With the increased capacity of the 2nd tier, they could move the entire family stand up to that level - it's effectively not a family stand anymore anyway, but has traditionally discouraged standing and singing most songs due to the number of kids.

If they move the kids upstairs, they could put safe standing in to match the other end, so there would be standing behind both goals. That would be more effective than a single tier with mixed membership

That would be so disappointing if they actually did that. We’ve got a 7,000 home end and we instead decide to make it a new family stand..

How would repeating ss1 be more effective than a single tier home end?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.