North Stand Construction Discussion

They have said as they have asked the designers to design it and the contractors to price it. Theres a chance it changed but it's unlikely in my opinion.
Well as those seats are exactly the same as the rest of the stand,with same access then it will make no difference to any contractor, nor will the ability if they decided to make some of or the whole stand safe standing. None of that makes the slightest difference as to whether the club decide to make them more expensive and give fans a wrist band for a seperate bar.

They have said as they have asked the designers to design it and the contractors to price it. Theres a chance it changed but it's unlikely in my opinion.
Design and price what ? The seats or safe standing spaces are the same as the rest of the stand? Will they have asked for designs and prices to do the whole stand ,of course. What has that to do with how they price and what add ons they give or don't give to fans in those spaces.There is nothing in the design of the stand,or the planning that requires any decision to be made on those 700 seats to have been made now.

Well as those seats are exactly the same as the rest of the stand,with same access then it will make no difference to any contractor, nor will the ability if they decided to make some of or the whole stand safe standing. None of that makes the slightest difference as to whether the club decide to make them more expensive and give fans a wrist band for a seperate bar.
The seats aren't exactly the same at all. you do realise there are thousands of drawings which have never been released to anyone but the contractors don't you?
Design and price what ? The seats or safe standing spaces are the same as the rest of the stand? Will they have asked for designs and prices to do the whole stand ,of course. What has that to do with how they price and what add ons they give or don't give to fans in those spaces.There is nothing in the design of the stand,or the planning that requires any decision to be made on those 700 seats to have been made now.
Yet the design and drawings issued show a distinct difference in those areas. Contractors don't ask for drawings they price what they are given by the designer / club. The designer designs to the brief the club give them, so its clear that's what the club currently wants.

The seats aren't exactly the same at all. you do realise there are thousands of drawings which have never been released to anyone but the contractors don't you?

Yet the design and drawings issued show a distinct difference in those areas. Contractors don't ask for drawings they price what they are given by the designer / club. The designer designs to the brief the club give them, so its clear that's what the club currently wants.
So how are these seats that the contractors have seen,but nobody else has,different. What's special about these seats?

They are padded, not plastic like the rest of the stand.
And that takes designing and pricing by a contractor does it? Will make minimal difference to price of doing the whole stand.Changing them if they are even still part of the plans would be the easiest thing in the world.Back to my point though the club haven't said what's happening, and even if we have asked for prices, which I'd expect we'd know anyway as we've bought them before doesn't mean it's been decided. I suspect it hasn't

And that takes designing and pricing by a contractor does it? Will make minimal difference to price of doing the whole stand.Changing them if they are even still part of the plans would be the easiest thing in the world.Back to my point though the club haven't said what's happening, and even if we have asked for prices, which I'd expect we'd know anyway as we've bought them before doesn't mean it's been decided. I suspect it hasn't
Seriously? With all due respect your post shows a serious lack of understanding of how Design and build works.

We are placing an order for the whole works not piecemeal.

The club have 100% said that's what is currently happening as they have designed it in to the build. If it wasn't currently 100% happening it would have been shown as in abeyance. It won't make a massive difference to the cost but it has to be included in the contractors price if that's what the spec and drawing show.

They're going to be screens there when the North Stand development starts in proper !

Is that confirmed or your prediction? I think the thought was that when they started the NS expansion, they would move the screens up to the SS. However, they’re not actually touching the corners with this new expansion, perhaps because of a lesson learnt with how the SS corners ended up. Will be interesting to see what happens.

IMG_8825.jpeg

Seriously? With all due respect your post shows a serious lack of understanding of how Design and build works.

We are placing an order for the whole works not piecemeal.

The club have 100% said that's what is currently happening as they have designed it in to the build. If it wasn't currently 100% happening it would have been shown as in abeyance. It won't make a massive difference to the cost but it has to be included in the contractors price if that's what the spec and drawing show.
So when the plans say it allows for safe standing you don't thing we'd have designs and costings for that too . A decision between which seats are used or rail seating cou;ld be costed now for a decision to be made at a later point as there is no impact on the build. A decision may well have beed made now I don't know, but couple of options for decision later could just as easily be open at theis stage. Doubt any of us know eithere way,as types of seats are nothing to do with planning .

Just for those suggesting "nothing is finalised" - don't be so sure. There's a lot in the DAS and City aren't going to suddenly change the brief in my opinion. We don't know whether these will be true hospitality sections or a basic GA+ but the wording in the approved application is:

The hospitality area will be a 600 spectator hospitality space in the style of the existing 'Joes' space elsewhere within the Etihad Stadium. Spectators will be served via two bars which will be equipped to serve food and beverages. Seating at high tables / bar for 416 with standing at drink shelving for 184.

If they follow the "Joe's bar" experience then you'd expect padded seats. But they might make it informal acknowledging it's a prominent part of the stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.