North Stand Construction Discussion

If yesterday showed anything, it showed the amount of support we have from families with young kids who never get the chance to see City play a PL match at the Etihad because they can’t buy or get affordable group tickets where they can all sit together as a family. When the Etihad is expanded to 62,000 seats, somehow Khalddon, Soriano, Danny Wilson & Co need to find a way to get more young fans (they looked great yesterday all wearing their City scarfs, hats, etc) and their families watching PL matches together. Another family stand isn’t the answer. Families need to allowed to sit in different parts of the ground together. City should make a family bundle of seats at affordable prices available for every PL home match when the Etihad is expanded to 62,000 seats.

Good shout. Need to secure the next generation while we can.

Its really not worth getting into as it's been done to death. But my opinion is that the demographic we need to create a home end wont move to a stand with hospitality, i might be wrong but i think 1894 group have said as much. And going off what happens in the current GA+ / hospitality light areas where large swathes of people leave early at half time and return late and clearly dont add to the atmosphere like the singing sections do, I'm not sure how anyone can think that this doesn't add a detrimental impact to an area which should be a singing home end imo.

That's fair. I've already said my thoughts on it anyway. And I think that so some extent shortsighted, personally. But fair all the same.

Totally agree, but at the minute the design is 100% for it to be a premium padded seat area. Hopefully the club see sense and go down your route if they are insistent on a premium priced option in that area.

Not according to what's been approved it is not. But as I keep saying, that Can change.

And increased capacity Along with increased revenue is the primary objective of the club. Nothing else. If anyone thinks that a good chunk of corporate hospitality seats isn’t going into the stand then they are totally deluded. Of course all the right noises will be made, but the atmosphere of the stadium is not high up on the list of priorities. It’s all about the money.
One of our OSC members looks after box members on matchday. Apparently, we are selling 3500 corporate packages in the lounges, but also off site packages at Vermillion, Gaucho, Pep's place and 1 other. Therefore, it seems likely there will be a decent corporate hospitality offering in the new stand.

So when the plans say it allows for safe standing you don't thing we'd have designs and costings for that too . A decision between which seats are used or rail seating cou;ld be costed now for a decision to be made at a later point as there is no impact on the build. A decision may well have beed made now I don't know, but couple of options for decision later could just as easily be open at theis stage. Doubt any of us know eithere way,as types of seats are nothing to do with planning .
Again you are showing a lack of understanding of how the processes work. The contractor will price what they've been asked to. The order will be paced on a set of drawing and spec which clearly detail what is required. If the club want to change this when in contract to safe standing or all padded seats or all plastic seats they will issue a request for quotation where they will issue new drawings showing the intended change. The contractor will then price that change and will only action that change if the club instruct it.

In my pre fan consultation and pre planning application naivety I had visions of AC Milan’s Curva South morphing into NSL2. Before :-) After. :-(

View attachment 103549

Genuine question, what's the fucking difference? As proposed.

Physically, rather than your philosophical view of demographics by price.

Again you are showing a lack of understanding of how the processes work. The contractor will price what they've been asked to. The order will be paced on a set of drawing and spec which clearly detail what is required. If the club want to change this when in contract to safe standing or all padded seats or all plastic seats they will issue a request for quotation where they will issue new drawings showing the intended change. The contractor will then price that change and will only action that change if the club instruct it.
And we don't know what the club has instructed, or whether they are planning to change that, or whether in a few months they may decide to change that, at what would be minimal inconvenience or cost.Nowhere have the club said what will happen, my original point. Unless you can show where they have ?

And we don't know what the club has instructed, or whether they are planning to change that, or whether in a few months they may decide to change that, at what would be minimal inconvenience or cost.Nowhere have the club said what will happen, my original point. Unless you can show where they have ?
I'm involved in the project the current plan is for a Hospitality light area as i've stated many times.

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.