North Stand Construction Discussion

Was looking at those South Stand corners yesterday before KO and thinking about how rough they look. I know they’re ’temporary’ but let’s face it, they’ll be there for another 10 years at least.

Would make a huge difference with screens there and at least paper over the cracks a bit. The seating there could fit under the screens still as well.

View attachment 103547
View attachment 103548

Wasn’t that the original proposal to put screens in one or both corners?

I dont disagree but adding 700 seats to the bottom of what should be a home end adds about a million quid to the turnover over a year. I'm not sure that outweighs the need to create a better atmosphere personally.
It will make zero difference to atmosphere and most of those 700 could end up pissed and create far more noise than a regular Joe.

Far too much is being made of this tiny section, I have said before I find the reaction to it slightly bizarre when our club is investing over 300m Pounds on an incredible build which will improve the match day and non match day experience for thousands of regular fans.

The club should. They now give 10% of away tickets to the youth. It's worked great. With no complaints from the away going FOC's or OSC branch members. City should put aside a % (percentage) of PL home tickets for qualifying families. How the club do and manage that is up to them. They can do it if they want to do it. That is the issue.
Worked great the few. It would be better for the club reward the loyalty of fans who have earnt the right to be given the privilege based on attendance. It feels like the club are marginising the so called legacy fans and in my books that goes against the grain. The 10% to younger fans is wrong. Fans should earn the right to these privileges. It all needs a little more thinking about with engagement with the supporter branches. Decisions are being made by people with no (or little) connection with the club, focusing on ticking boxes and prioritising growth over the thoughts of feelings of the supporters. More than ever we should be together, but the leadership are divided the club into groups and sub groups.

It will make zero difference to atmosphere and most of those 700 could end up pissed and create far more noise than a regular Joe.

Far too much is being made of this tiny section, I have said before I find the reaction to it slightly bizarre when our club is investing over 300m Pounds on an incredible build which will improve the match day and non match day experience for thousands of regular fans.
Thats your opinion many of us differ. The evidence from existing areas in the ground show it does make a difference.

Thats your opinion many of us differ. The evidence from existing areas in the ground show it does make a difference.
So your getting upset over 600 seats that the club have not yet even said what they are doing with?

You upset over the new covered area City sq to?, or the hotel? or the museum with all our trophies?

So your getting upset over 600 seats that the club have not yet even said what they are doing with?

You upset over the new covered area City sq to?, or the hotel? or the museum with all our trophies?
I'm not getting upset at all i just think we should do it differently and the club have said what they are currently doing with it.

Where have i said anything about being upset with city sq, the hotel or the museum with all our trophies?

I'm not getting upset at all i just think we should do it differently and the club have said what they are currently doing with it.

Where have i said anything about being upset with city sq, the hotel or the museum with all our trophies?
They haven't said, it's on the plans but so is safe standing, the plans will be a catch all. They haven't said what will definitely happen with any of the seats in the North stand,or anywhere else in the ground for that matter.They may not even know for sure themselves.

They haven't said, it's on the plans but so is safe standing, the plans will be a catch all. They haven't said what will definitely happen with any of the seats in the North stand,or anywhere else in the ground for that matter.They may not even know for sure themselves.
They have said as they have asked the designers to design it and the contractors to price it. Theres a chance it changed but it's unlikely in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.