North Stand Construction Discussion

Practical, low cost arrangement.

Bends away fans round the corner in lower level seats,pitch side.

Upper levels exclusively for City fans.....two City Ends !!

Would the segregation fence need to be moved ?

Could the access tunnel be moved to the south stand corner to create segregation sorry if it has been discussed before, not going through endless pages to check.

My off the cuff “charter” to make this work:

Call it The New Kippax.
Publicize it heavily.
Clad the roof with sound reflecting material
Allow banners across the front of the upper tier.
Put exceptional quick bar/drinking facilities in.
Offer the 1894 Group 200 free tickets for the first season towards the middle/back of the stand.
Offer all season ticket holders in the existing safe standing areas first refusal on season tickets at half price.
Once that’s done offer cheap season tickets to lapsed local fans. Obviously that bit is hard to organise.
Then offer season tickets to the rest of the stadium.
Keep it much cheaper than the rest of the stadium.
Every step of the way make a big noise to everyone that this is the New Kippax.

That’s just off the cuff. The wider point is they have to go at this hard and publicise it massively. It can easily work.

The won’t though will they.

They’ll commission some cheesy graffiti artwork on the concourse (cos that’s what the proles are used to innit) and give everyone a voucher for half price off a meat pie (which will be out of stock anyway).

I’m in the no family stand. I’m old and leave bang on final whistle. No clapping players , no going for a piss, no nothing. I’m out of the ground in 20 seconds and in that queue for the tram. If loads of whippersnapper Perry boys or whatever you call yourselves these days think I’m swapping stands just so you can sing songs that nobody knows the words to at a speed of 300miles an hour then you can piss right off.

That’s the spirit.

So the North Stand is being expanded with circa 6,500 extra fans.
We’ve got Safe Standing in the South Stand and probably the North Stand, in future.
We are one of the best teams in the world.
It’s up to fans and fans groups to deliver the improved atmosphere, alongside “the Club”.

Last edited:
All of this is possible and,with relative low cost practical.

Would the fencing for the away fans coach park need to be moved to maintain segregation ?

I'm really warming to this idea,you should get intouch with Danny Wilson and get it stress tested.

The coach park would remain the same. Fencing outside the SS would have to be moved. Fencing outside 111-109 would have to be put in. The metal barriers that separate the home and away fans on the concourses would have to be moved. It's all doable.

Danny Wilson reads this thread. So the rumour goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.