North Stand Construction Discussion

No looks like u just get cast aside to suit the 1894 group again like many fans have already been.

What are you going on about? You're absolutely clueless. Making things up about the 1894 group that aren't true. 73 pages of mainly constructive comments and ideas for the North stand expansion and then you pop up from nowhere posting absolute sh*te about 1894. You don't know anything about 1894, how it's run, the work, time and effort put into it by ordinary City fans.

Go on Stu, tells what 1894 have done to you personally!

Last edited:
There is a lot of displacement with all these suggestions.
I think there needs to be quite a lot of changes to improve a few things, as well as atmosphere, plus with a new stand there will be some changes. Better a lot of displacement in one big go than a half hearted one.
A fair few will complain but think the club should just bite the bullet, nobody guaranteed anyone seats for life.

Have we not already tried this in the South Stand ?? Why should everything revolve around the 1894 group. There are other fans that have been going to games much longer and are fed up of being moved around all the time to suit others. So all them fans that sit in the North stand level 2 don't get a say in this then.
The increase in capacity means that everyone gets a say and can be considered.

I don't recall anyone on here saying move all the current fans out of NSL2.

We don't know what is proposed 'BY THE CLUB' until the North Stand expansion plans are made public and the consultation takes place between the club and the fans. Until then everything discussed on here is pretty much a guess and up for discussion, that's all.

Some of the directors do read this thread. Why wouldn’t they? Maybe other members of staff at City who are involved with the North stand expansion also read this thread? It’s a good insight into what City fans want and their thinking. It might help shape the proposals for the North stand expansion? It might not! Outside of this thread fans who don’t read BM and this thread will get their chance to put their views and opinions forward when the club opens the public consultation. That includes you mcfcstu and all the other people who currently sit on NSL2.

As M18CTID says, 1894 have never asked the club to relocate fans to make way for 1894 members. What we’ve asked for is available seats together in 115 so we can get a group of singers together. But because of season ticket holders, citizen card holders and match day ticket sales, that’s not possible as there aren’t enough seats together. It has been possible to do that in CL group stage matches at the front of 115 when demand for those seats wasn’t high a few seasons back. I think we got between 30 to 50 seats together in the front two rows? Somebody else from 1894 can confirm that.

You’re not with not reading or purposefully ignoring what I’m saying. If the ground has a better atmosphere we sell more tickets to other people in the long term including corporate customers. So if we have to offer a couple of thousand cheap tickets at the start to get the thing off the ground it will pay for itself in the long run. Nit picking on the dictionary definition of “loss leader” is nothing but pedantry and does not address that point which still stands. Just to avoid any further weird pedantry from you, I’m not saying the club WILL do it. I’m saying they SHOULD do it.

Cross-subsidy I thing you were getting at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.