North Stand Construction Discussion

I think on this thread we are looking into things a little bit to deep.

In the meeting 4 of us had with the club 2 weeks ago, the club is 100% behind a better atmosphere. The benefits of a game that is buzzing are endless. We are working together.

One of the irritating comments on here is the mention of tourists and day trippers in the lower SS safestand. This is mainly down to fans not going to the games and selling off their ticket and other seats being spare because the lower SS isnt sold out with season cards. If we took out all the day trippers you would end up with many empty seats, that is the last thing we & the club want.

Before the season cards come available for the new north stand, we will be meeting up with the club to ask for the number of blocks we want reserving in the lower section and the upper section for singers that want to move. If all that we ask for is one block for lower stand and one block for upper then it will fail. Realistically we need 3 blocks in each to make the atmosphere good. Fans are split in their preference between lower tier and upper, it is no good telling fans they all have to go upper tier under the roof, they will decide. Personally i am going lower as it will be easier for displays and i dont want to view the game up with the gods.

If we get 3 blocks filled with atmosphere minded fans in each tier we are looking at 4,000 - 5,000 fans. This will get the stadium going. It is down to fans over the next 18 months to decide what they want and to push aside sitting near away fans or preferred seat and so on with reasons not to move.

Move in to the new north stand, make use of what we have not what we could have, this is the last chance.

You need a system where those that go into that area are there with the purpose of singing and if they don't join in or consistently don't turn up, they don't have the option to return. If it's marketed as per Dave has suggested, you'd expect a queue of people wanting to get in there, especially if it does work successfully. It will become the place to be in the stadium. You'd have to offer it to those with seasoncards already initially of course, for fairness. Then release it to those on the waiting list etc. But they could easily look to target an age group, or certain fans to try and build for the future and capture fans who will attend for years to come. Other seats will then be available throughout the ground at mixed pricing and they could look to make the money back from any discounts by charging more for those (to new fans, not existing who relocate).

You want your matchday tickets for the day trippers/tourists to be in the CB/ESL3 as well as hospitality of course. And you can rinse them because they'll pay as it's only a handful of times they'll attend. If the NS works successfully, the buzz of it will get people wanting to come. That can also happen through videos of the singing section, as you see from other clubs. That creates a hype on social media - and there are lots of younger fans who will want to come through those sources. Huge banners/displays, 10,000 in a single tier doing the poznan etc - all creates a hype that makes people want to turn up hopefully. And you'd no doubt see the SS step up and try and create some back and forth.
That's the balance that can be acheived here. We are getting loads of day trippers now. Chelsea in the cup sold out weeks in advance and half the people around me in BC3 weren't regulars. Whislt it's never goign to be perfect we can definitely make money from corportates and day trippers whilst keeping it cheaper for those who can't afford it.

Don't get this so called atmosphere problem, like Mark Hughes said with the Aguero moment, he'd never heard a noise as loud, in any stadium, anywhere, ever.
For me, the Rodri goal, the last game of the season. I've never, ever, heard a noise like it, the stadium resonated, it rocked.

I get what your saying, but I don’t think they are the best examples. A goal to win the league should create an amazing atmosphere. That’s the same for any club.

It’s the rest of the time where it’s not been great. Hopefully having a second tier home will improve it

I think on this thread we are looking into things a little bit to deep.

In the meeting 4 of us had with the club 2 weeks ago, the club is 100% behind a better atmosphere. The benefits of a game that is buzzing are endless. We are working together.

One of the irritating comments on here is the mention of tourists and day trippers in the lower SS safestand. This is mainly down to fans not going to the games and selling off their ticket and other seats being spare because the lower SS isnt sold out with season cards. If we took out all the day trippers you would end up with many empty seats, that is the last thing we & the club want.

Before the season cards come available for the new north stand, we will be meeting up with the club to ask for the number of blocks we want reserving in the lower section and the upper section for singers that want to move. If all that we ask for is one block for lower stand and one block for upper then it will fail. Realistically we need 3 blocks in each to make the atmosphere good. Fans are split in their preference between lower tier and upper, it is no good telling fans they all have to go upper tier under the roof, they will decide. Personally i am going lower as it will be easier for displays and i dont want to view the game up with the gods.

If we get 3 blocks filled with atmosphere minded fans in each tier we are looking at 4,000 - 5,000 fans. This will get the stadium going. It is down to fans over the next 18 months to decide what they want and to push aside sitting near away fans or preferred seat and so on with reasons not to move.

Move in to the new north stand, make use of what we have not what we could have, this is the last chance.
Sign me up! At it's core, I think you're right: put 6k fans together who want to make noise and they'll make noise.

Correct me if I’m wrong mate, but are you talking about getting fans in the lower tier and upper tier of an expanded north stand?

How would that work practically? You’d have to force everyone out of the family stand. Surely it would make more sense to get everyone in an 8,000 standing second tier - similar to Ac Milan for example.

I would place singers/ a core group towards the front/ middle section of tier 2. It’s only posters on here who have suggested being at the back. The front/ middle isn’t in the gods either

I think in terms of displays as well, surely tier 2 would be much better. You can create bigger displays and be more creative in what you do. Tier 1 doesn’t really allow large scale tifos.

Fair enough if you disagree

Last edited:
Correct me if I’m wrong mate, but are you talking about getting fans in the lower tier and upper tier of an expanded north stand?

How would that work practically? You’d have to force everyone out of the family stand. Surely it would make more sense to get everyone in an 8,000 standing second tier - similar to Ac Milan for example.

I would place singers/ a core group towards the front/ middle section of tier 2. It’s only posters on here who have suggested being at the back

I think in terms of displays as well, surely tier 2 would be much better. You can create bigger displays and be more creative in what you do. Tier 1 doesn’t really allow large scale tifos.

Sounds like the family stand will be moved and be smaller in scope. Apparently a big % of people in there now aren’t actually eligible.

Match ticket prices are only going one way and that's up.

City can't offer cheaper season tickets and match day tickets in the expanded North stand, there would be a stampede, and then increase season tickets and match day tickets elsewhere in the ground.

We've had continual season ticket and match day ticket price increases for the last 10 seasons, along with 1 season ticket price freeze.

People will just have to pay the going rate for a North stand season ticket. The club know they will have a captive audience, desperate to move to a new expanded North stand, singing section/s and home end.

I would place singers/ a core group towards the front/ middle section of tier 2. It’s only posters on here who have suggested being at the back

The impression I get is the family stand will be moving whatever happen.So getting fans into the lower tier and safe standing wouldn't be an issue.

Match ticket prices are only going one way and that's up.

City can't offer cheaper season tickets and match day tickets in the expanded North stand, there would be a stampede, and then increase season tickets and match day tickets elsewhere in the ground.

We've had continual season ticket and match day ticket price increases for the last 10 seasons, along with 1 season ticket price freeze.

People will just have to pay the going rate for a North stand season ticket. The club know they will have a captive audience, desperate to move to a new expanded North stand, singing section/s and home end.

If they want to improve the atmosphere and get people moving into a home end. They’ll have to reduce the prices. That was one of the main reasons moving to ss3 was so popular. They don’t have to be 299 either.

They’ve already done it in the south stand and they could easily in the north aswell. If we want an extra 6,000 season ticket holders cheaper prices will also help with that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.