North Stand Construction Discussion

Correct me if I’m wrong mate, but are you talking about getting fans in the lower tier and upper tier of an expanded north stand?

How would that work practically? You’d have to force everyone out of the family stand. Surely it would make more sense to get everyone in an 8,000 standing second tier - similar to Ac Milan for example.

I would place singers/ a core group towards the front/ middle section of tier 2. It’s only posters on here who have suggested being at the back. The front/ middle isn’t in the gods either

I think in terms of displays as well, surely tier 2 would be much better. You can create bigger displays and be more creative in what you do. Tier 1 doesn’t really allow large scale tifos.

Fair enough if you disagree
If 1894 want to sit in the lower tier another group needs to form to pressure the club into pushing singers towards the upper tier.

Some people need to sit elsewhere to get the message: noise can't be heard from the front of the stadium. This is one of the biggest problems we have.

I think on this thread we are looking into things a little bit to deep.

In the meeting 4 of us had with the club 2 weeks ago, the club is 100% behind a better atmosphere. The benefits of a game that is buzzing are endless. We are working together.

One of the irritating comments on here is the mention of tourists and day trippers in the lower SS safestand. This is mainly down to fans not going to the games and selling off their ticket and other seats being spare because the lower SS isnt sold out with season cards. If we took out all the day trippers you would end up with many empty seats, that is the last thing we & the club want.

Before the season cards come available for the new north stand, we will be meeting up with the club to ask for the number of blocks we want reserving in the lower section and the upper section for singers that want to move. If all that we ask for is one block for lower stand and one block for upper then it will fail. Realistically we need 3 blocks in each to make the atmosphere good. Fans are split in their preference between lower tier and upper, it is no good telling fans they all have to go upper tier under the roof, they will decide. Personally i am going lower as it will be easier for displays and i dont want to view the game up with the gods.

If we get 3 blocks filled with atmosphere minded fans in each tier we are looking at 4,000 - 5,000 fans. This will get the stadium going. It is down to fans over the next 18 months to decide what they want and to push aside sitting near away fans or preferred seat and so on with reasons not to move.

Move in to the new north stand, make use of what we have not what we could have, this is the last chance.

Mistakes are already being made here in my opinion.

What we don’t want is everyone to move to the new North Stand and then for there to be a clear divide between the lower and upper tiers due to people being split between the two areas.

It begs the question of what the point is of an expanded upper tier if a large % of the singers are going into the lower section, which itself is completely disconnected from the newly expanded upper tier?

For me, the expanded upper tier needs to be the clear and obvious focal point of the expansion. That’s the whole point of having an expanded upper tier as opposed to a third tier. If people are going in the bottom then the expanded upper tier is almost completely redundant as a device to get singers together.

In terms of displays, I actually think they would look better on an expanded upper section. We can have larger flags that don’t need to be spread across two tiers and other displays and banners can be hung over the front of the upper tier as well. That walking boat that appeared a year or two ago would look great being walked across the front of the expanded section.

Also, I wouldn’t say you were ‘up in the gods’ if you’re at the front of the second tier. Maybe that would be a good place for you so you can have a good view, drape banners over the front of the tier and pull down large displays.

Last edited:
Match ticket prices are only going one way and that's up.

City can't offer cheaper season tickets and match day tickets in the expanded North stand, there would be a stampede, and then increase season tickets and match day tickets elsewhere in the ground.

We've had continual season ticket and match day ticket price increases for the last 10 seasons, along with 1 season ticket price freeze.

People will just have to pay the going rate for a North stand season ticket. The club know they will have a captive audience, desperate to move to a new expanded North stand, singing section/s and home end.
They can. Offer them cheap to those season ticket holders already in the singing areas. How many is that? 2-3000 at most. If they got a 2000 takeup on it, so that was say a £300 discount each, it's £600K which is fuck all and would be easily swallow up by the increased capacity and the long term advantage of more people wanting to come.

In any case, a stampede is good if people are told in no uncertain terms that this is the new Kippax. The slack from where they've moved can be filled with new fans if our growth continues.

I think on this thread we are looking into things a little bit to deep.

In the meeting 4 of us had with the club 2 weeks ago, the club is 100% behind a better atmosphere. The benefits of a game that is buzzing are endless. We are working together.

One of the irritating comments on here is the mention of tourists and day trippers in the lower SS safestand. This is mainly down to fans not going to the games and selling off their ticket and other seats being spare because the lower SS isnt sold out with season cards. If we took out all the day trippers you would end up with many empty seats, that is the last thing we & the club want.

Before the season cards come available for the new north stand, we will be meeting up with the club to ask for the number of blocks we want reserving in the lower section and the upper section for singers that want to move. If all that we ask for is one block for lower stand and one block for upper then it will fail. Realistically we need 3 blocks in each to make the atmosphere good. Fans are split in their preference between lower tier and upper, it is no good telling fans they all have to go upper tier under the roof, they will decide. Personally i am going lower as it will be easier for displays and i dont want to view the game up with the gods.

If we get 3 blocks filled with atmosphere minded fans in each tier we are looking at 4,000 - 5,000 fans. This will get the stadium going. It is down to fans over the next 18 months to decide what they want and to push aside sitting near away fans or preferred seat and so on with reasons not to move.

Move in to the new north stand, make use of what we have not what we could have, this is the last chance.
I think a survey needs to be done first beforehand with the season ticket holders that are located in those 3 blocks behind the goal in the North Stand 1st tier.My son and I moved there after I received a message from the club saying that we needed to move from tier 2 when he reached 18 as it would become the main family stand(I don't believe the club made any progression with this).I am all for a better atmosphere and fully support it as will my son in his 20's but not sure we are happy to move again when we would qualify for a singing section.

Mistakes are already being made here in my opinion.

What we don’t want is everyone to move to the new North Stand and then for there to be a clear divide between the lower and upper tiers due to people being spit between the two areas.

It begs the question of what the point is of an expanded upper tier if a large % of the singers are going into the lower section, which is completely disconnected from the newly expanded upper tier?

For me, the expanded upper tier needs to be the clear and obvious focal point of the expansion. That’s the whole point of having an expanded upper tier as opposed to a third tier. If people are going in the bottom than then the expanded upper tier is almost completely redundant as a device to get singers together.

In terms of displays, I actually think they would look better on an expanded upper section. We can have larger flags that don’t need to be spread across two tiers and other displays and banners can be hung over the front of the upper tier as well. That walking boat that appeared a year or two ago would look great being walked across the front of the expanded section.

Also, I wouldn’t say you were ‘up in the gods’ if you’re at the front of the second tier. Maybe that would be a good place for you so you can have a good view, drape banners over the front of the tier and pull down large displays.
Couldnt agree more with this.

They can. Offer them cheap to those season ticket holders already in the singing areas. How many is that? 2-3000 at most. If they got a 2000 takeup on it, so that was say a £300 discount each, it's £600K which is fuck all and would be easily swallow up by the increased capacity and the long term advantage of more people wanting to come.

In any case, a stampede is good if people are told in no uncertain terms that this is the new Kippax. The slack from where they've moved can be filled with new fans if our growth continues.
The current singing sections are a mixture of fans. Singers, people who sing every now and again, and people who don't sing at all. If City offered cheap North stand season tickets to fans in the current singing sections they would end up replicating less than successful singing sections in SSL1, 111, 110 in the expanded North stand, and that's putting it kindly.

United have 1500 SINGERS in their singing section. If United can do it, so can City. If need be City should contact United and see how they did it.

United definitely had a fan ballot to go in the singing section, which was over subscribed for the size of the block. We/City don't have that problem or restriction. We may have a 6000-8000 (safe standing?) tier to accommodate as many singers as the club wants to accommodate.

Last edited:
Let's see what United's singing section is like on Saturday. Those going and those watching on the TV. Let's take a fair and objective view of it. I appreciate the derby will be a major factor in a better than normal atmosphere at OT, especially if the Rags fluke a last minute Rashford equalizer.

The current singing sections are a mixture of fans. Singers, people who sing every now and again, and people who don't sing at all. If City offered cheap North stand season tickets to fans in the current singing sections they would end up replicating a less than successful singing sections in SSL1, 111, 110 in the expanded North stand, and that's putting it kindly.

United have 1500 SINGERS in their singing section. If United can do it, so can City. If need be City should contact United and see how they did it.

United definitely had a fan ballot to go in the singing section, which was over subscribed for the size of the block. We/City don't have that problem or restriction. We may have a 6000-8000 (safe standing?) tier to accommodate as many singers as the club wants to accommodate.
I neither want or ask the vermin fuck all

I neither want or ask the vermin fuck all

That's fair enough.

But when something is successful and it works, there's no reason why you can't ask and find out why it's worked and is a success.

I'm sure City have enough intelligent people to make a new singing section in the North stand work and to be a success. Maybe they've learnt valuable lessons from creating the singing section in 115?

The current singing sections are a mixture of fans. Singers, people who sing every now and again, and people who don't sing at all. If City offered cheap North stand season tickets to fans in the current singing sections they would end up replicating a less than successful singing sections in SSL1, 111, 110 in the expanded North stand, and that's putting it kindly.

They wouldn't be replicating it because the current situation is way off ideal:

1) The singers are miles from the roof so their noise doesn't sound loud
2) The songs can't spead right because the away fans are right next door
3) The songs are drowned out by adjecent away fans so don't spread
4) There are two seperate groups of singers who can't hear each other.

It's all about the way songs spread organically around a stadium having started in one place. Whatever the mix in the current safe standing areas, they are the most voal supporters and they'd have to be encouraged to move to the new stand first. They would make or break this. Only 1000 initially would be enough. Build it (and make it work) and they will come. There are thousands of thousands of would-be singers in our stadium who would sing if they had a leader and others did.

It's not about setting up a "singing section" as you keep saying. It shoudl be about concentrating the noisiest fans in one place so it spreads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.