North Stand Construction Discussion

Why though? If you read the reports on the waiting lists and the demand, it is not like any bold decisions need made to incentivise anyone.

Offer people the chane to move there. If they don't take it up, on sale it goes down the list.

NOT saying that is the right thing to do, just that it's not like the commercial success of this hinges on incentives or initial losses to get people in.
I’m not convinced there is a waiting list.

I’m not talking about commercial success. I’m talking about it’s success in becoming the main singing area/end.

Yes I got that. That's why I specified.

My point stands though, 'bold moves' are a luxury, not a necessity

Last edited:
The stadium would need to be shut for a least one season removing the current roof and building a new one would be a substantial project Omar the COO has car doubts on any further development after the South Stand
Why would this be the case?
The stadium would need to be shut for a least one season removing the current roof
There's no reason why you couldn't build an additional structure with seats and roof behind the current roof, in one corner, then during the closed season remove the existing relevant section of roof.

Itc would take a significant amount of emgineering, but that's what engineers do, they over come obstacles.

Once you've done one corner, you can then do the others.

This is broadly what I've described on here on several occasions but with a capacity (I believe) of twixt 77/85k.

A 'bowl',encompassing the spirals & with an adjusted rake, is built on land currently owned (which is a philosophy in UAE) and provides a huge amount of potential corporate space.

One elevation at a time consecutively.
I totally agree.

It's an obvious step.

Why would this be the case?

There's no reason why you couldn't build an additional structure with seats and roof behind the current roof, in one corner, then during the closed season remove the existing relevant section of roof.

Itc would take a significant amount of emgineering, but that's what engineers do, they over come obstacles.

Once you've done one corner, you can then do the others.
Im answering those who think the east and west stands could be extended similar to the south and north stands
It is entirely feasible to extend the upper rows towards the corners and modify the existing roof and as you suggest above it’s what engineers do
There is a need to accommodate large screens though
When the south stand was extended it was suggested that the corner solutions would likely not br a permanent ones

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.