North Stand Construction Discussion

You would like to think common sense would prevail but after the Real Madrid fiasco, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was first come, first served. The club might even use the carrot of applying for new season tickets as a way of flogging more memberships.

My guess is there will be no new season tickets available even after the north stand extension, as we already have a high percentage of season ticket holders compared to other clubs. And the club can make more money by flogging matchday tickets as opposed to season tickets.
Sadly I agree with your last paragraph, individual matchday tickets make more sense to the club commercially.

You would like to think common sense would prevail but after the Real Madrid fiasco, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was first come, first served. The club might even use the carrot of applying for new season tickets as a way of flogging more memberships.

My guess is there will be no new season tickets available even after the north stand extension, as we already have a high percentage of season ticket holders compared to other clubs. And the club can make more money by flogging matchday tickets as opposed to season tickets.

The club aren't going to shift 8000 more match day tickets for the majority of the PL games. Not a chance. They know that United, Liverpool and Arsenal will sell out . The other games won't

The club can't have a awaiting list of fans for season tickets then only offer 8000 match day seats. There would be a massive backlash from disgruntled City fans who have waited patiently and for a long time for a season ticket.

A 50/50 or 60/40 split of season tickets and match day tickets for the expanded North stand would be about right. It won't happen, but making NSL2 all season ticket would be a great, bar hospitality.

Pretty sure there will be new S/C .Don't know how many, personally hoping about 65% S/C 35% matchday.Plus I'd make sure a few blocks of rows were ringfenced for Match day only and not allow any S/C relocations into those seats.

Last edited:
I don’t have a problem with the hotel room balconies or the hospitality seats at the back of NSL2. It was the hospitality seats at the front of NSL2 that threw me, and to be honest, disappointed me, when I looked at the PA. I knew hospitality would be included on NSL2 somewhere, but I honestly didn’t think it would be on the first 7 rows of NSL2, considering the amount of hospitality we already have in the stadium, and the opportunity to expand those hospitality areas once 8000 fans relocate to NSL2.

Can 700 hospitality match day seats really generate much more revenue than normal match day seats directly behind them?

We don’t know the pricing structure yet for the (season ticket) seats on NSL2. Will they be comparable or cheaper, seeing as it’s the ‘offcial home end’, to the (season ticket) seats on SSL3?

TBF to the club those (season ticket) seat prices on SSL3 are very fair. If those season ticket prices were replicated or made even cheaper on NSL3, that would be great. Obviously you have factor in another 2 possible season ticket prices rises before the North stand expansion is finished.

View attachment 106256

View attachment 106257

I know mate, I get your reservations/concerns.

I just prefer to take the positives now. Whilst it could have been better, it could have been miles worse as well. It's all speculation for the GA+ seats. They might be a lot more expensive or they might be a small increase and actually not impact things too much. It would be better to bury them within the stand so they're masked/surrounded and it would be better again for them not to be there at all, and to provide other areas once people have relocated. But they could have thought, fuck it we've got a singing section now and that's enough, let's milk this new stand for all its worth.

There needs to be an active push from somewhere in order to ensure the new stand is a home end. It's got all the facilities you'd want with the new city square. It just needs to be priced appropriately. Even if some want to stay by the away fans, we can still get a lot of people in there to sing and cheerlead the ground. And combined with an increase in the number of people anyway it should ramp things up substantially.

It's the same thing, if City offered 10 thousand season tickets they would be snapped up

I have seen people arguing there would be no or little demand for additional season tickets, and the club are targeting individual match day ticket sales to anyone etc.

I seriously doubt they would go and build an extra 8000 seats, disrupting the stand for a couple seasons in the meantime, without Knowing that there is a real demand and for the long term.

They could easily build all the other stuff without touching the stand if they wanted the extra revenue, if there wasn't an overwhelming demand for additional seats.

Obviously I don't think they are all for set for season ticket sales, but I would bet a large proportion are, and I can definitely believe the reports of the waiting lists and the demand.

The club aren't going to shift 8000 more match day tickets for the majority of the PL games. Not a chance. They know that United, Liverpool and Arsenal will sell out . The other games won't

The club can't have a awaiting list of fans for season tickets then only offer 8000 match day seats. There would be a massive backlash from disgruntled City fans who have waited patiently and for a long time for a season ticket.

A 50/50 or 60/40 split of season tickets and match day tickets for the expanded North stand would be about right. It won't happen, but making NSL2 all season ticket would be a great, bar hospitality.

We would if they lower the tickets to the "Lesser" teams

I remember the same being said before the last expansion because of the empty seats.

We were in a position earlier this season where every single home ticket was sold out months in advance.

The only time they’re more available is midweek games against lower teams (when fixtures have be moved) and when the ticket exchange opens up.

We’d have sold 62k for Huddersfield even.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.