North Stand Construction Discussion

I don’t disagree with that, but would those in the current singing blocks in th South stand relocate to the second tier of the North. Maybe if encouraged they would ,but don’t know how willing they’d be myself?
You have to incentivise it like mad to overcome initially inertia and scepticism. Also get the “right” people on board with it too. It needs to have a domino effect. It can’t just be put up on sale with little fanfare like the last extension was.

Bold decisions need to be made here.

I still don't understand why you think corporate/hospitality means less atmosphere, that's not always the case.

Sections like the Wembley club are a joke but in my experience a lot of the corporate section of grounds have plenty of atmosphere.
I’d like to know which hospitality sections at city or elsewhere have plenty of atmosphere? Or you can compare them to singing sections or home ends.

I’ve been in ss2 plenty of times this season and the vast majority of the time most people are sat down and we have a situation where ss1 and ss3 make noise, but ss2 doesn’t.

It’s a home end, why would you want a hospitality section right at the front? Imagine the yellow wall at dortmund with that - it wouldn’t happen.

Also if you create hospitality seats it means expensive ticket prices, which will price out large numbers of people, in particular young adults.

We already have enough hospitality in the ground. Make north stand level 2 decent pricing and focus on the atmosphere. There will be a sky bar and plenty of corporate options with the expansion as it is.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree with that, but would those in the current singing blocks in th South stand relocate to the second tier of the North. Maybe if encouraged they would ,but don’t know how willing they’d be myself?

I think a large number could move. I also think there are lot of fans around the ground who join in with chants and potentially want to move into ss1, but can’t get season tickets there. Individual tickets maybe, but not as a group of people.

Didsbury Dave and Supercity 88 are so spot on with their comments about the North Stand an "Atmosphere Action Group" is needed now, I could help with setting up a Facebook, Twitter, etc, and emails. JRB is right with his comments what he is trying to say is simple it would be like shoving the tunnel club in the Yellow Wall. The club needs to listen to people like Dave but what are doing is thinking cash first, instead of atmosphere first. If you mention the atmosphere to people outside city first thing they will say is about the empty seats etc, it's like the execs at City are not reading the room as you say.
With all due respect, it is absolutely Nothing like shoving the Tunnel Club in the Yellow Wall.

They may one day do that, who knows. But the proposed GA+ is nothing like at all.

As I’ve posted previously, there are two large side blocks on NSL2 that could house 1 or 2 singing sections. Even safe standing seats. People standing in one or both of those side blocks wouldn’t interfere with the central blocks. The blocks and seats could be priced cheaper because of the location on NSL2, and on the understanding that people who who apply to go into those blocks ‘have to stand’, want to sing, and want to create an atmosphere. Banners could be hung from the railings at the front of the blocks, and attached to the side walls, to give the 2 side blocks a singing section feel and look.

18-AE3-E3-A-1-A79-48-E2-92-C8-737-F7-F0811-A4.jpg

F02201-D1-5510-4-CF8-AA32-FCD1-DBD91979.jpg

Last edited:
Lexstar!

I wasn’t trying to say that. :-/

‘JRB is right with his comments what he is trying to say is simple it would be like shoving the tunnel club in the Yellow Wall’

Even Soriano couldn’t pull that one off if he became CEO of Dortmund.

You have to incentivise it like mad to overcome initially inertia and scepticism. Also get the “right” people on board with it too. It needs to have a domino effect. It can’t just be put up on sale with little fanfare like the last extension was.

Bold decisions need to be made here.

Why though? If you read the reports on the waiting lists and the demand, it is not like any bold decisions need made to incentivise anyone.

Offer people the chane to move there. If they don't take it up, on sale it goes down the list.

NOT saying that is the right thing to do, just that it's not like the commercial success of this hinges on incentives or initial losses to get people in.

Why though? If you read the reports on the waiting lists and the demand, it is not like any bold decisions need made to incentivise anyone.

Offer people the chane to move there. If they don't take it up, on sale it goes down the list.

NOT saying that is the right thing to do, just that it's not like the commercial success of this hinges on incentives or initial losses to get people in.
I’m not talking about commercial success. I’m talking about it’s success in becoming the main singing area/end.

He has taken some pictures but they are really poor quality. You can’t make much out.

Darren Hughes - Territory Sales Manager for Central Manchester at Breedon Group plc

As one door closes another one opens.... we are reaching the end of the road on the Piling Works at the Etihad Stadium.... pre start meeting this afternoon for the next phase of works on here as we gain an understanding of the service end quality expectations from our customer.

To get the right people in and make it a proper singing end. If you’re only looking at it from a commercial point of view they’d do what you have suggested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.