North Stand Construction Discussion

Happy to wait and see, and agree then if that's where it goes.

But for now I will stick with - it will be a matter of opinion.

For example, I don't think 648 padded seats will make or break the 'proper home end' nature of it. If fans are not open to the notion that the club are convinced they are doing it well and for the right reasons, then the process is as doomed as its ultimate outcome. Which people will still ultimately disagree on, therefore it remains a matter of opinion.

From the PA solely, and without any new information so far, my opinion is the North stand won't be the proper home end most City fans want. But the meetings between the club and fan representatives could be lead to a positive outcome. Fingers crossed.

From the PA solely, and without any new information so far, my opinion is the North stand won't be the proper home end most City fans want. But the meetings between the club and fan representatives could be lead to a positive outcome. Fingers crossed.

Probably depends on whether you are after explanation, or change. I imagine, if I can make a guess prediction, that the club people will offer an explanation of how they see it working. But that for a number, that won't be enough.

Which ultimately still might not mean they 'don't care about the fans' or 'only want sales to tourists', despite it remaining the opinion of a few.

For the record, I think as it stands and what I see in the PA, it can and would well be the proper home end. If the fans make it so.

If the padded seats are in a block like at utd then that means no singing end in level 2

If they are front rows of level 2 like at anfield then it will split the effect of the singing end so it will end up like SS is with different levels singing different things

I hope they are not planning on putting the singing section in the corners like utd do

Also bare in mind any level of what used to be called 'corporate' or 'hospitality' is likely to have a certain amount of nuteral or away fans as guests - which won't look good or end well

Probably depends on whether you are after explanation, or change. I imagine, if I can make a guess prediction, that the club people will offer an explanation of how they see it working. But that for a number, that won't be enough.

Which ultimately still might not mean they 'don't care about the fans' or 'only want sales to tourists', despite it remaining the opinion of a few.

For the record, I think as it stands and what I see in the PA, it can and would well be the proper home end. If the fans make it so.

The last part of your post is the most important thing mate. A 648 fan hospitality section still shouldnt stop thousands of blues in there singing and chanting? Pretty sad if it did to be honest

The last part of your post is the most important thing mate. A 648 fan hospitality section still shouldnt stop thousands of blues in there singing and chanting? Pretty sad if it did to be honest
Pep wants atmosphere give him an atmosphere !!!!!

The Chairman wants a blue wall give him a blue wall !!!!

1894 want an atmosphere !!!!

Why are certain parts of the club going in the opposite direction from the two people above want? Both Pep and the Chairman should knock on Danny Wilson's door and ask what is happening.

The club mucked up with the South Stand, so why are people still involved with the club and by looks of it making a mess of the North Stand now

As a lot of fans have posted here the club has a golden opportunity to do the right thing

The reason for not having 648 seats it's like putting a corporate area in the middle of the Kop

The starting point for a City end is this:

The new expanded upper tier must be the largest safe standing area in the UK.

The rest works itself out from there.
The starting point is getting the bulk of our more vociferous fans to relocate.
The away fans won't be moved because the police don't want them moving and our singing fans have always wanted to be close to the visitors. The response to WWYWYWS? carries more impact when it's from the adjacent blocks rather than from over 130 yards away.
If I was a regular in the south stand I'd happily move from SS2 and SS3 to the north stand as it would mean not being shifted for cup ties, but do a sufficient number of our fans feel the same way?
The club could force the situation by increasing prices in the south stand and having less ridiculous prices in the north stand, but would they be willing to do that?
And putting 648 corporate seats in the middle is a bloody stupid idea but we have to relocate those with boxes in the current north stand.

Why are certain parts of the club going in the opposite direction from the two people above want? Both Pep and the Chairman should knock on Danny Wilson's door and ask what is happening.

The club mucked up with the South Stand, so why are people still involved with the club and by looks of it making a mess of the North Stand now

As a lot of fans have posted here the club has a golden opportunity to do the right thing

The reason for not having 648 seats it's like putting a corporate area in the middle of the Kop

Pep wants more from the fans when the team is struggling? He wants noise to boost the players and not just from one stand? You think that the chairman isnt fully involved in the design and approval process? Come on mate, both him and Mansour have the final decisions!

More like, a fundamental misunderstanding of what those seats are, and what the difference is between corporate and a bit of padding.

Which has been talked about here plenty, btw.

If you are not open minded to that being blues, and are imagining it being a corporate aquarium where non-football vips are dined, then I'm not sure there is much the club representatives can do, if I am honest. I suppose they could remove the padding. But if that's all this hinges on, I'd say overall they are doing pretty well with the NS.

There is no divine right to one’s specific seat, unlike in America, where you hold a “seat licence.”

The Club will do whatever they want with the North Stand, but they’d be crazy NOT to harness this opportunity to create a “Blue Wall” by designating it as a “singing & safe standing zone” and inviting the seasoncard holders in the current singing zones in SS1 & the East Stand corner to relocate.

If there are people who want to remain together, they should simply ask for the names & seasoncard info and keep them together.

However, the Club needs to have open discussions on their plans and coordinate their intentions with the desires of the fans, because this could be the last, best opportunity to help congregate the fans who help create whatever atmosphere we have in one location.

In essence, it COULD be like the old North Stand at Maine Road before they put seats in it, or the best “new Kippax” environment possible.

Do you really think Danny Wilson knows something Khaldoun doesn't ? He's the chairman everyon except the owner report to him.We have no idea exactly what the North stand plan is, the 648 are neither here nor there they are exactly the same as the other seats except a few people may have paid a few quid more to have access to their own bar area and a bit of padding. Does that make them less of a fan than the rest, not really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.