North Stand Construction Discussion

"Documents seen by Football Insider show that the true number could be as high as 62,170, an 8,770 increase in the current number of seats."

62170 is the figure floated in 2013/14. Completely irrelevant now.

Edit - article below is from 9 years ago

I’m sure many of you fellow FOCs remember the singing part of the old Kippax stand. If you’re too young to remember, facing the pitch, it was in the top left corner of the stand, right next to the set of railings between the home and away fans, and above the tunnel, shown in the picture.

It’s hard to try and even guess the amount of singers in that corner, but it must have been in the 1000’s. Once the chants got going they would spread across the rest of the Kippax with 1000’s of other City fans joining in with the chants. And because the roof was low and cathedral shaped internally, the noise and atmosphere would carry and spill out across Maine Road.

The highlight chants for me were, Here we go, Let’s all have a disco, and we’re City, we’re barmy, we’re off our f*cking heads. When those 3 chants got going everyone would be piling into each other, you’d be carried up, down and along the Kippax by the sheer number of people moving in different directions, and more often than not you’d end up in another part of the singing section, and you’d have to make your way back to where you were originally stood, if you could get back there, as everyone was so close together . Magaical times. :-) Sadly never to be involved in again.

View attachment 65766

Outside the back of the Kippax singing corner, the tunnel entrance, and next to the stairs, left, leading to the away end. Before the hill was paved it used to be grass with a concrete and stone top. I used sit up there before the match and at half-time watching and enjoying all the chants, banter and swearing that took place between City fans and the away fans either side of the metal railings.

View attachment 65767

Click on the link below for a great read and some fascinating old pictures of the Kippax.

‘The North End was a similarly obvious name for the terrace to its left’

Great post fella!

Reactions: jrb
62170 is the figure floated in 2013/14. Completely irrelevant now.

Edit - article below is from 9 years ago

Looking at the other stories on that Footballinsider site - it looks like.a right pile of reactionary horse shit…. So I wouldn’t believe them if they said it was gonna go dark later….

Looking at the other stories on that Footballinsider site - it looks like.a right pile of reactionary horse shit…. So I wouldn’t believe them if they said it was gonna go dark later….

The only places to go are on here and on the OS when the proposals are made public. Bar the OS for obvious reasons, no other website knows more about the North stand expansion than we do.

I’m sure many of you fellow FOCs remember the singing part of the old Kippax stand. If you’re too young to remember, facing the pitch, it was in the top left corner of the stand, right next to the set of railings between the home and away fans, and above the tunnel, shown in the picture.

It’s hard to try and even guess the amount of singers in that corner, but it must have been in the 1000’s. Once the chants got going they would spread across the rest of the Kippax with 1000’s of other City fans joining in with the chants. And because the roof was low and cathedral shaped internally, the noise and atmosphere would carry and spill out across Maine Road.

The highlight chants for me were, Here we go, Let’s all have a disco, and we’re City, we’re barmy, we’re off our f*cking heads. When those 3 chants got going everyone would be piling into each other, you’d be carried up, down and along the Kippax by the sheer number of people moving in different directions, and more often than not you’d end up in another part of the singing section, and you’d have to make your way back to where you were originally stood, if you could get back there, as everyone was so close together . Magaical times. :-) Sadly never to be involved in again.

View attachment 65766

Outside the back of the Kippax singing corner, the tunnel entrance, and next to the stairs, left, leading to the away end. Before the hill was paved it used to be grass with a concrete and stone top. I used sit up there before the match and at half-time watching and enjoying all the chants, banter and swearing that took place between City fans and the away fans either side of the metal railings.

View attachment 65767

Click on the link below for a great read and some fascinating old pictures of the Kippax.

Wow those stairs bring back memories, i lost count the amount of times my feet didn't touch the floor from top to bottom because of everyone packed in like sardines.

Reactions: jrb
Is there enough spectator demand to warrant an extension ? Decent attendancies but many matches the stadium is not full. Just asking.

Is there enough spectator demand to warrant an extension ? Decent attendancies but many matches the stadium is not full. Just asking.
Fair point but we've sold out every game so far this season. If this stand can help create a noisy atmosphere then the demand will be greater because of it. Just needs City to listen to what the fans want.

View attachment 65766

View attachment 65767

I was 12 when me and my mates started going in the crazy corner as we called it, lots were of a similar age maybe 13 or 14 but young lads.

I find it's really fucking sad that kids that age will never get that sort of experience ever again supporting City. Either not allowed in without an adult because of age or those a bit older who can't afford it.

I was 12 when me and my mates started going in the crazy corner as we called it, lots were of a similar age maybe 13 or 14 but young lads.

I find it's really fucking sad that kids that age will never get that sort of experience ever again supporting City. Either not allowed in without an adult because of age or those a bit older who can't afford it.

Or standing outside the main entrance taking pictures of the City players getting off the coach, posting the pictures on social media, and then going into the family stand, getting an over priced drink, burger, and waving at Moonchester and Moonbeam, etc. At bit harsh, but at least the kids don’t know what they’ve missed. Hopefully the expanded North stand, a proper home end, and a singing section will open their eyes and captivate them?

I agree though, different times.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.