North Stand Construction Discussion

It’s a fair question. Think there was a bit of over excitement after selling out most games this season.

The big concern for me would be the new stand opening at a time when the landscape has changed.

Pep will be gone by the time it’s built and you can see already that competition is getting much stronger.

Would we fill 60,000 every week if we are only challenging for top 4 post Pep ?

Sniff, sniff, sniff

It’s a fair question. Think there was a bit of over excitement after selling out most games this season.

The big concern for me would be the new stand opening at a time when the landscape has changed.

Pep will be gone by the time it’s built and you can see already that competition is getting much stronger.

Priced right, we'd get 55k+ every game if we were still top 4/5 regulars, and sell out for all 'important' games.

The PL 'product' generates workd-wide football tourism in large numbers, as well as occasionals and regulars... Bloidy hell, even West Ham get decent attendances despite being in a relegation battle.

It's all about pricing. Don't get greedy, they will come.

Not agin SPUDS.

Hundreds of unsold tickets and ludicrous pricing for 8pm Thursday in January.

Lowest ' attendance ' of the season !!
It was sold out and priced for a weekend game, I ,probably like quite a few hundred have returned our tickets because a Thursday night in January isn’t doable. So the prices have little if nothing to do with why there are tickets left, more the travel for a midweek night game.

I think we will fill 60k week in and week out. I think we could fill even more for the bigger games (so I'm disappointed the scope of the extension isn't increased).

We do need to stop worrying about the 'empty seat' tag we get. Clubs like Barca, Madrid, Milan, and Inter frequently have empty seats (in the tens of thousands on many occasions). But their stadiums are jam-packed when it's a derby or the latter stages of European competition.

Also, I think that once fans decide their allegiances, they tend to stick with that club. United and Liverpool's attendance didn't drop hugely after their successful periods ended. We would have picked up a lot of these newer 'non-legacy' fans over the past 5/10 years who will be loyal supporters trying to get tickets indefinitely now. It's just the way it works.

I'm friends with a few Indian City fans and the dedication they show to come over and watch the games is incredible, the idea that they'll be supporting Newcastle in 5 years is naive. All the school kids wearing City shirts all around the UK have decided who they support. It's not going to change when Pep leaves.

It was sold out and priced for a weekend game, I ,probably like quite a few hundred have returned our tickets because a Thursday night in January isn’t doable. So the prices have little if nothing to do with why there are tickets left, more the travel for a midweek night game.
Why are they not selling to Mancunians then....the match day ticket prices are bloody ludicrous and the club has had enough time to adjust them as a 'one off' and market them but they are either disinterested, incompetent or both.

They would seem to prefer empty seats at £0, than filled seats at £20 !!

I'll be delighted to be proven wrong but, I feel like the physical attendance and atmosphere will be the lowest and poorest of the season and it won't help the team.

Fair point but we've sold out every game so far this season. If this stand can help create a noisy atmosphere then the demand will be greater because of it. Just needs City to listen to what the fans want.
Like that we had the whole lower tier in the cup matches. I think that helps. we should do this in the PL aswell. Its a no brainer to me and will definately help the atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.