North Stand Construction Discussion

United have frozen their season ticket prices for 11 seasons.
City have increased season ticket prices for 10 of the last 11 seasons.
Nobody is expecting the club to reduce tickets prices. A freeze would be welcomed, especially during this period of austerity and rocketing prices.

But there comes a point, which we’ve now reached, where continually increasing the prices of season tickets and match day tickets becomes untenable for the ex-match going City fans.

Numerous people have posted they wanted to go tonight, and some people wanted to take their kids, the next generation of City’s support, but once they saw the ticket prices they decided not to go as they couldn’t afford the tickets, or they weren’t prepared to pay the ticket prices out of principal. Is this what City really want for our fan base? City fans, including the next generation of City fans, are being priced out of watching City! Because if that’s what City want to happen, they are certainly doing a good job of it.

Let’s see if City increase season ticket and match day ticket prices again next season for the 12th time, after topping the Deloitte Money league once again.
And yet we're still cheaper.

As already pointed out, tonight's game was booked by many for the original Saturday/Sunday slot so couldn't be changed.

As an aside, the website has just changed to 'restricted sales' for all listed games, what's that all about as I was on the seat picker screen earlier but can't access it now.

Edit: the website has reverted back now.

Last edited:
And yet we're still cheaper.

As already pointed out, tonight's game was booked by many for the original Saturday/Sunday slot so couldn't be changed.

As an aside, the website has just changed to 'restricted sales' for all listed games, what's that all about as I was on the seat picker screen earlier but can't access it now.

Cheaper?

Regardless if tonight’s game was booked by many, there’s still well over 1000 tickets unsold due to the ticket prices.

A5A12B5D-0C8C-4FFA-B419-589A22727107.png

£68 in SSL1 - block 117. 3rd row! 1 of 14 seats left.

0DD2C819-9D13-4D17-A793-3BFBD9724365.png

PS. Got to get a Citizens card first to buy a ticket.

Tell me one team that becomes successful and lowers their pricing ? Go on ? You live in a dream world, I m not saying its right mate but unfortunately it's the way of the world. The capping of away tickets was a league decision good luck if you think clubs will be dictated to lower home prices. Good job you don't support a team in London if you think City rip us off !

I’ve seen United and Liverpool with lower match day prices then us. I’m not saying they should be dirt cheap, but I think £70 for a Thursday night is living in a dream world. They were £45/£50 only a few years ago - when we were successful.

Right now city are ripping off fans. Lots of people have been priced out of tonight’s game. You can’t defend these prices.

London is irrelevant to this discussion. Different wages and people attending the game

I’ve seen United and Liverpool with lower match day prices then us. I’m not saying they should be dirt cheap, but I think £70 for a Thursday night is living in a dream world.

Right now city are ripping off fans. Lots of people have been priced out of tonight’s game. You can’t defend these prices.
And yet people do try and defend it, hence we can’t organise supporters groups or such like to challenge the club over it. Anybody who dares criticise the club is basically branded an ingrate.

I’ve seen United and Liverpool with lower match day prices then us. I’m not saying they should be dirt cheap, but I think £70 for a Thursday night is living in a dream world.

London is irrelevant to this discussion. Different wages and people attending the game

Correct. Comparing Manchester to London is like chalk and cheese.

And yet people do try and defend it, hence we can’t organise supporters groups or such like to challenge the club over it. Anybody who dares criticise the club is basically branded an ingrate.

I haven’t seen many defending these prices. Especially if you look on social media. Lots of comments basically shaming the club.

The people that are defending this are more then likely people who can afford it/ it doesn’t effect them.

I wonder if the 1894 group will mention anything. They don’t seem to post much anymore.

Reactions: jrb
I’ve seen United and Liverpool with lower match day prices then us. I’m not saying they should be dirt cheap, but I think £70 for a Thursday night is living in a dream world. They were £45/£50 only a few years ago - when we were successful.

I remember going to maine Rd in the early 90s and not knowing how much it would cost to get in the Kippax. You found out when you got to the turnstiles. Typically it was in the 8 - 15 quid range. At the time a pint was around £1.20 and my daily wage for working in a shop was £23.

Now a 16 year old on minimum wage would earn £38 a day. Over 18 and minimum wage is £55.

So back then one days wage would cover your ticket bus fare, a burger and maybe a couple of pints. Now you don't even get a ticket.

Cheaper?

Regardless if tonight’s game was booked by many, there’s still well over 1000 tickets unsold due to the ticket prices.

View attachment 66497

View attachment 66496

It's madness. That said, the club will no doubt look at this as being 97% or 98% of tickets being sold.

They won't even start to worry until that figure drops down to about 90%, i.e 49k ish on a regular basis, and let's face it, that's not going to be happening in the foreseeable future.

Cheaper?

View attachment 66497

View attachment 66496

United's cheapest ST is £532, I don't know the numbers for each level of ST but I highly doubt that the median isn't higher at theirs.

Yes, the price will affect the last 1,000 or 2,000 tickets available(?) but so will the freezing weather and the fact that it's on a Thursday night. There'll be a lot who have paid but just won't turn up.

Correct. Comparing Manchester to London is like chalk and cheese.

Exactly. It’s a ridiculous comparison.

I’ve seen Americans posting on here and online saying it’s cheap and then comparing it to American sports events. It’s as if some people have no concept of Manchester or what people earn

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.