North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Yeah these are the approved ones, no further amendment, not to those levels, that I can see.

To answer Alty's original point, L4 that gets some view is full VIP. On L5 both sides are back of house, but then, the grey riser in the middle is where the cables come in and the views suffer, hence it is toilets and kitchen.

View attachment 132151

@HelloCity see above, re the two boxes you highlight are the tv studio and the vip room/start of the rooftop walk. Look at the window placement, relative to the anchor point.

It is an odd exaggerated perspective in the new image, and they are blurred out of the old image for what I assume is atmospheric effect. But they are part of the approved scheme.

Don’t believe this is the atmosphere win people think it is. They could have went all in for atmosphere yet of course it has been compromised by still having corporate areas. 3000 rail seats could have been much more. Talk of an 18-25 section is promising but it needs proper commitment and proper numbers, strategically placing a sizeable section of young Blues could allow an organic atmosphere to grow over years of sitting together (assuming there will be proper season tickets?).

The club also need to find a way to keep atmosphere tourists out. The type who buy a ticket to be near an atmosphere but contribute nothing (so many of these who stop the South Stand from reaching its true potential). It is what it is, but there’s a long way to go and right now I’ve seen nothing to convince me a move from SSL3 would be worth it.

What you guys are missing is that this was our very last chance to create a proper city end. Our very own Kop or yellow wall. These plans aren’t close to achieving that objective.

If people are fine with just a standard stand with a relatively little singing section at the back then fine but I think the vision for many involved with the fan groups was a blue wall which could become an iconic sight for the stadium.

The stand itself will look great and offer excellent facilities but ultimately it isn’t going to chance the atmosphere within the stadium which is what many others wanted.

I just wonder how Dortmund fans would react if they were told the yellow wall would only be 3k(ish) standing capacity in future. I’m not sure they’d be bigging it up like some on here.
What the fuck are you missing?

300M plus development which looks magnificent and is high quality in it's build.

Do you need a rail seat to make atmosphere? do you *uck.

Tbf Coatigan, people did predict this set up (including myself) and you downplayed it saying it wouldn’t happen because it wouldn’t line up with what the club has said about atmosphere and the idea of a large 2nd tier in general.

Now that it’s happened, as we predicted, you’re keeping the same narrative when really you should be saying we were right.

Obviously it’s not the end of the world and it’s going to be a great stand but this isn’t going to be an iconic blue wall like many wanted. I think we have to be open and honest and accept that now. I don’t really see it coming close to what the south stand offers (7k safe standing, away fans, tier 3 cheaper seats etc) in terms of set up and atmosphere - how could it?

As a construction fan though I’m sure we’ll both enjoy seeing it go up and how good it will look when full!
It's up to NS 1/2 fans to create this 'wall' thing.

We have to start as we mean to go on and create the intense hostile atmosphere from moment one.

The NS should be the 'ATMOSPHERE END' not the 'DISPLAY END'

1894 should keep their section in SSL1 and allow a new group of noisy boisterous lads to to create hell in NS2 with new songs /chants as they do at away games.

What we want to hear next is that SS2/3 will be an exclusive second City end with the away peasants shifted down to ESL1/SSL1.....the worst location in the stadium !!

Come on Danny get it done were watching & waiting !!
why on earth would you want to move all away fans to the lower tier of the south/kippax corner and give them prime seating all behind the net and corner.

Bizarre logic.

Out of interest how many does 116 -118 hold .Just as a comparison to the 3000 proposed here?.
Just done a very rough calculation for just 115 where I am. I realise that's not what you asked but I thought I'd share it anyway. Around 732 in just this one block, probably more like 900 when it's double stacked for the bigger games :)115.jpg

I get that. But why, what is it that stops that.

I think a combination of factors rather than anything standalone.

- The current 2nd tier seemingly remains as is, which was part of the family stand.

- The front of the 2nd tier will be premium seating (I actually had less issue with this than some and even suggested premium Safe standing).

- 3k safe standing is relatively quite small when you consider the whole of the final 2nd tier

- The 3k safe standing are likely to be right at the very back with standard seating, family stand tier 2 and premium seats all in front of them.

- The cheaper ticket prices seems focused on kids and very young adults (21 and under) vs 18-25’s.

- A combination of these points will mean groups like 1894 might not want to move.

Hopefully I’m completely wrong of course and the whole end is absolutely rocking including the family stand.

Regardless, I think the overall development is outstanding, and can’t wait to see it completed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.