North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Don’t believe this is the atmosphere win people think it is. They could have went all in for atmosphere yet of course it has been compromised for corporate areas. 3000 rail seats could have been much more. Talk of an 18-25 section is promising but it needs proper commitment and proper numbers, strategically placing a sizeable section of young Blues could allow an organic atmosphere. The club also need to find a way to keep atmosphere tourists out. The type who buy a ticket to be near an atmosphere but contribute nothing (so many of these who stop the South Stand from reaching its true potential). It is what it is, but there’s a long way to go and right now I’ve seen nothing to convince me a move from SSL3 would be worth it.
How are you going to distinguish between an atmosphere tourist and any other fan that buys a matchday ticket? Make them ring in and audition. What does it matter if a hand-full of people buy a ticket and don’t join in,in a stand of 8000 ?

I think it will be a great stand. Amazing facility. I just don’t see it being the new Kippax so to speak. Just my view.

Ps

Have a look at the new boxes I’ve highlighted.
What does 'new Kippax' mean ?

The 'new kippax'was a hideous meccano monstrosity.

The 'Kippax' was relocated to the Maine Rd North Stand....we're going back to the future !!

I think a combination of factors rather than anything standalone.

- The current 2nd tier seemingly remains as is, which was part of the family stand.

- The front of the 2nd tier will be premium seating (I actually had less issue with this than some and even suggested premium
Safe standing).

- 3k safe standing is relatively quite small when you consider the whole of the final 2nd tier

- The 3k safe standing are likely to be right at the very back with standard seating, family stand tier 2 and premium seats all in front of them.

- The cheaper ticket prices seems focused on kids and very young adults (21 and under) vs 18-25’s.

- A combination of these points will mean groups like 1894 might not want to move.

Hopefully I’m completely wrong of course and the whole end is absolutely rocking including the family stand.

Regardless, I think the overall development is outstanding, and can’t wait to see it completed.

Thanks for responding. I have a different view on some of those points, and some remain to be seen. But at least I now get where you are coming from, beyond just the metaphor of a blue wall.

Back to today. This announcement is a (further) step in the right direction imo, and an olive branch from the club to show the groups they are actually listening, and doing at least something about their concerns/wishlists. There could be more to come, and it doesn't need to be through hostility or responses of disappointment. I'd go as far as saying that would tip the balance of the fan groups coming off unreasonable.

I maintain that whether it is a success or a failure as the atmospheric stand people want, will mostly depend on the fans that occupy it, and their behaviour on match days. And to a small extent, pricing and allocation.

What you guys are missing is that this was our very last chance to create a proper city end. Our very own Kop or yellow wall. These plans aren’t close to achieving that objective.

If people are fine with just a standard stand with a relatively little singing section at the back then fine but I think the vision for many involved with the fan groups was a blue wall which could become an iconic sight for the stadium.

The stand itself will look great and offer excellent facilities but ultimately it isn’t going to chance the atmosphere within the stadium which is what many others wanted.

I just wonder how Dortmund fans would react if they were told the yellow wall would only be 3k(ish) standing capacity in future. I’m not sure they’d be bigging it up like some on here.
Who fucking give a shiney shite what the robots of Dortmund think.....they are Krauts who are not allowed to think for themselves.

Baaa !!

That’s absolutely tiny in a stand that big. Just look at how big the away end looks to the rest of the south stand, now take into account that the north stand is bigger.

1894 aren’t going to move from right behind the goal to some shitty area right at the back of tier 2 when the rest of the tier is full of day tippers. Why would they? What purpose would that serve? How does that benefit the atmosphere?

All feedback from fan groups has been completely ignored.
"ALL feedback from fans groups has been ignored"

Please explain !!

Who fucking give a shiney shite what the robots of Dortmund think.....they are Krauts who are not allowed to think for themselves.

Baaa !!
Not to mention he yellow wall has plenty of day trippers in it. It’s like the United Nations in there some games. The spontaneous chants of the UK fans is being eroded in some bizarre attempt to ape continental fans.

Interesting and yes, they weren’t on any of the actual renders. Probably just the design doc diagrams?

View attachment 133015
Probably, yeah. Stuff gets missed off visuals, it happens. Including the existing cables on that one ;). Or they change things and not update the CGIs whose purpose is more the feel of it than the detail.

But yeah I'm convinced enough that the two windows in the new image are those two rooms and not additions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.