North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Eh?

The OP put his ticket on the exchange and the person who attended the game was a Croatian who paid £200 off LFT for it. When the OP phoned the club to ask how that happened they fobbed him off
At that point it wasn't his ticket anymore, so why did he have the right to ask ? He didn't, end of story.

I'm not suggesting they tell him,I'm saying they could have followed up his enquiry, with their own investigation and asked the person who bought it off City, how it ended up on a ticket site.
They might well be doing that, it doesn't mean we'll ever find out.

Reactions: CC1
Eh?

The OP put his ticket on the exchange and the person who attended the game was a Croatian who paid £200 off LFT for it. When the OP phoned the club to ask how that happened they fobbed him off
The club help season ticket holders by BUYING back their ticket at no cost. They then have to resell it & have admin costs.
What’s there to complain about? The main aim is to ensure ST holders haven’t paid upto £50 for a match they can’t attend.

It’s win - win for the fans!!!

And how do you know that Live Football (or whoever) don't have many, many people employed to buy tickets off the exchange to put on their website at a huge markup? I'm still waiting for this proof that the club themselves are selling directly to them? Perhaps this is why they need a ticket compliance officer rather than to harass single individuals as some claim?
This has gotta be a wind up. If you really think this then I’ve got a bag of magic beans to sell to you.

In case you didn’t know, touting of football tickets is illegal in this country. Illegal operations are shut down quickly with big prosecutions.

Livefootball aren’t an illegal tout. They are arms length partners of Premier League clubs although they publicly won’t announce it as there would be a huge backlast against clubs.

Ffs they have thousands for sale for some games. Nearly 500 for the City Wolves.

Clubs have got wise that there is market place for huge markups on tickets - and they don’t need to do anything other than hand over the tickets.

There will be a big expose story on this when some journalist catch up on what is going on.

The club help season ticket holders by BUYING back their ticket at no cost. They then have to resell it & have admin costs.
What’s there to complain about? The main aim is to ensure ST holders haven’t paid upto £50 for a match they can’t attend.

The club makes more money than the SC price by selling it at match day prices.

The OP was reporting that his seat that was resold by the club ended up on a touting site. If you feel that the club are entitled to do that then surely your view is that we should have a new version of the Viagogo tie up. A neighbour of mine used to put his seat up on there and he used to boast about what he got for it. You could choose what price you listed at and presumably the club got a big chunk of it too. All perfectly legitimate too with no chance of getting banned.

I don’t think you’re quite grasping a lot of what is being said if I’m being honest.

The club makes more money than the SC price by selling it at match day prices.

The OP was reporting that his seat that was resold by the club ended up on a touting site. If you feel that the club are entitled to do that then surely your view is that we should have a new version of the Viagogo tie up. A neighbour of mine used to put his seat up on there and he used to boast about what he got for it. You could choose what price you listed at and presumably the club got a big chunk of it too. All perfectly legitimate too with no chance of getting banned.
But they don’t guarantee money back. City do. I think it’s a great system for those of us who fork out for a season ticket & have done for 40 years.

This has gotta be a wind up. If you really think this then I’ve got a bag of magic beans to sell to you.

In case you didn’t know, touting of football tickets is illegal in this country. Illegal operations are shut down quickly with big prosecutions.

Livefootball aren’t an illegal tout. They are arms length partners of Premier League clubs although they publicly won’t announce it as there would be a huge backlast against clubs.

Ffs they have thousands for sale for some games. Nearly 500 for the City Wolves.

Clubs have got wise that there is market place for huge markups on tickets - and they don’t need to do anything other than hand over the tickets.

There will be a big expose story on this when some journalist catch up on what is going on.

Assuming that all is the case, presumably they can't put that type of mark-up profit through the books though, so what happens to the difference?

Assuming that all is the case, presumably they can't put that type of mark-up profit through the books though, so what happens to the difference?
Of course they can. It’s Matchday revenue. It’s above board - simply using an agent to sell the ticket on their behalf at an inflated price. Majority of the price will be revenue for City.

They are all at it. Big PL games are sold for £400 to £500. They aren’t gonna turn down those kind of mark ups on tickets.

It’s not illegal. If clubs were selling tickets themselves for £500 there would be protests - sell them behind and agency and people think it’s the touts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.